The Account Director is responsible for the oversight of the account and leading the team to develop new business, maintain current business and expand business through understanding the needs of the client and identifying endpoint’s products and services that help the client achieve their goals and objectives.
In addition, the Account Director may maintain a portfolio of strategic clients and will serve as the ultimate company representative for the entire customer journey from onboarding to establishing the governance charter, while working collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Building, maintaining & managing client relationships and guiding staff on the team to create a successful client retention strategy and a high level of client service.
- Customer relations-oriented – Understanding Client needs and building trust to have the client’s and endpoint’s best interests at heart by offering suitable solutions.
- Set up goals and objectives for the team and provide feedback and counsel to leads to meet the team’s objectives.
- Consciously create a team culture that is consistent with the overall organization’s mission, vision and values by creating an effective line of communication on the company’s directives from top down.
- Serve as the escalation point of contact for all customers in their portfolio both externally and internally.
- Thought leadership on strategic planning initiatives by making data driven decisions and engage the leads and other cross functional teams to deliver high levels of overall service and delivery.
- Provide an oversight on study delivery to complete projects on the agreed upon timeline, within an agreed budget while maintaining the agreed upon KPI’s and monitor the account performance against the implemented targets and benchmarks.
- Maintaining a good business insight – Actively identifying industry shifts, business trends, portfolio pipeline, endpoint’s product and any new areas of growth to pursue opportunities.
- Consistently demonstrate financial awareness through ensuring budget, revenue and profitability targets are met.
- Inform management and business development on the overall business strategy of the account, and keep company leaders apprised of key client opportunities, potential risks and other key nuances which affect the health of the business.
- Participate with cross functional teams to recruit, interview, select, hire, onboard and train staff and successfully manage people by creating opportunities for growth and development.
- Develop action plans based on employee engagement surveys and key performance indicators to recognize areas of opportunities and implement initiatives for retaining talent.
- Coordinate and run the regular agreed upon client operational management meetings to maintain and strengthen the customer relationships by promoting endpoint and our service offerings.
- Work effectively with the Business Development team to review key account sales plan, build rapport with sales representative, respond effectively to RFP’s, Contracts, Change orders and create and environment conducive to long-term growth and relationship.
- Present account health and initiatives quarterly to management on past quarter performance and upcoming quarterly plans with dates and measurable action items.
- Retain and grow existing client base through individual efforts and through the account team by delivering profitable, quality service and promoting endpoint’s product.
- Manage workload and capacity planning by facilitating regular meetings and best practices with the account team leads and management.
- Coach, mentor and support team members to successfully meet teams’ targets, resolve issues, manage change, partner with other cross functional teams to roll new processes and to achieve team’s success.
- Responsible for ensuring a smooth process with strategic clients in handling a best in class onboarding experience.
- The Account Director will have ability to determine the risk associated with all Account IRT systems and the risk associated with any change requirements. They would have the ability to make the necessary decisions regarding all Account IRT systems.
- Demonstrate efficient and accurate completion of all responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and/or appropriate experience
- 5-7 years’ experience in a software Project Management role, with a proven ability to understand technical concepts and learn very quickly.
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment preferred.
- Prior experience delivering voice (IVR) web (IWR) and mobile (IMR) platforms a big plus.
- Proven leadership ability, especially in a regulated industry, a huge plus.
- Ability to manage to a budget
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with a wide variety of professionals.
- Extremely strong attention to detail
- Analytical and strategic mindset
- Driven by results, while proactively seeking to improve them
- Ability and willingness to wear multiple hats, without hesitation, to do what it takes to get things done
- Highly passionate about delving into and drawing insight from data
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a high level of organization, strong project management, communication and planning skills
- Work automatously to achieve success
Covance is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.