Job Profile Summary
Grade IResponsible for managing a small team to deliver accounting and reporting services including provision of clear performance targets and measures and in conformance to internal and external requirements.
Purpose of role
- Lead fixed assets, tax and intercompany team to perform silence running in daily operation. Engage with other functions and global GBS organization to make sure of process compliance.
- Drive for continuous improvement initiatives.
- People management: provide guidance to the team on competency development and build capabilities. Monitor team’s performance and well being.
- Lead daily operation of fixed assets, tax and intercompany related activities in compliance with group requirement and statutory requirement for legal entities in GBS China service scope.
- Manage tax related activities and work closely with tax advisors to ensure of tax compliance. Review accounting entries, BS review, lease policy application, fixed assets booking, etc.Review IC status and work with team to solve any pending issues, and avoid any ICD over USD 500K and PGA in quarterly closing.
- Monitor closing progress, support team members to solve issues and complete closing activities accurately and on time.
- Support annual audit, tax audit and any internal or external audit.
- Initiate continuous improvement and work with team to improve process efficiency and strengthen control.
- Coach team members in daily work, share knowledge and experience, manage team’s performance and well being.
- Build safety culture with all relevant HSSE principles across the team.
- Support line manager to actively participate relevant project and other activities.
Experience & Expertise
- Tertiary qualification in business or relevant work experience.
- Finance related is preferrable.
Experience (Technical and Professional)
- Over 5 years’ experience in accounting operation, related to fixed assets, lease, tax and intercompany.
- Strong leadership capability and ability to engage, motivate and bring along people
- Self motivated, excellent organisational / time management / analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both English and Chinese.
- Advanced IT skills – Word, Excel, Outlook, Visual, etc.
- SAP (desirable)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Job Family Group
Join us in a crucial time of transition. We are bringing all of our finance and procurement activities for the group into one place, enabling better work.
For You This Means Working With Us On
Compliance – efficiently delivering external reporting requirements to ensure we continue to meet our regulatory obligations in all jurisdictions, supported by robust control environment across all three lines of defence.
Stewardship – laying out a robust finance framework and providing ongoing management of the balance sheet and portfolio execution, supported by effective advocacy to the market.
Performance – facilitating the effective allocation of capital, development of business plans and coordination of business performance interventions to ensure a consistent delivery between strategic aspirations, operational forecasts and delivered outcomes. Furthermore, you will be responsible for value creation through mergers and acquisition-led deals, commercial negotiations and integration of business opportunities.
Transformation – driving digital transformation (centralising, digitising, optimising) across all elements of the finance entity to achieve sector-leading cost-performance.