Job Purpose and Impact
The APAC Packaging Manufacturing Technology Director will provide leadership of value creation in Packaging manufacturing technology area across the region and lead the implementation of standardized technical designs and operational performance measures to drive efficient performance and execute the corresponding technology best practices for inherently safer design, process safety and food safety standards. In this role, you will develop and lead the regional portfolio, provide technical expertise for project development and lead the deployment of Packaging manufacturing technology processes to enable growth and continuous improvement and provide technical support to strategic activities.
- Create and utilize processes and metrics to optimize Packaging manufacturing technology processes and sustain the value created.
- Responsible for risk management of Packaging manufacturing technologies by applying an understanding of safety, process safety, food safety, regulatory and environmental standards, policies and codes.
- Provide Packaging manufacturing technology expertise to plants, partnering with local teams, governance teams, other internal and external domain experts and technical support for capital and non capital projects and identification and resolution of root causes to emerging issues.
- Develop and lead the regional portfolio in alignment with the product line, business and global Packaging manufacturing technology strategy.
- Define and deploy the regional roadmap for the Packaging manufacturing technology including high performance innovation, understanding industry trends, applying experience and mastery, managing intellectual property and partnering with business and commercial teams to understand customer needs.
- Lead mid and long term value creation through identification and prioritization of opportunities and apply operational excellence practices and principles in alignment with global Packaging manufacturing technology principles and the respective business requirements.
- Develop a short and long term roadmap to close regional gaps at each facility against corporate and best in class standards in the Packaging manufacturing technology.
- Provide strategic leadership, development and talent management activities for direct reports and their organizations, which may include forecasting resource needs, recruiting, hiring, performance management, training and budgeting. You will also collaborate with managers and supervisors in your organization to ensure staff selections align with current and future needs.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, technical or related field or equivalent experience,
- Experience and expertise in the Packaging manufacturing technology area
- Minimum of eight years of related work experience, five years of supervisory experience
- Other minimum qualifications may apply
- Minimum of 10 years of industrial experience in the Packaging manufacturing technology area
Prior Beneficial Experiences
- Provide leadership in administering and support the creation of related policies for plants.
- Oversee regional performance goals and metrics for Packaging manufacturing technologies, drive and implement performance improvements of processes within operations, partnering with the global Packaging manufacturing technology team, manufacturing excellence, innovation, procurement and site stakeholders.
- Learns through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
- Make sense of complex, high-quantity, and sometimes contradictory, information to effectively solve problems.
- Create new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
Skills And Experiences To Be Gained
- Collaborate globally or across many locations using Packaging manufacturing technology to identify, monitor and implement Packaging manufacturing technology design and operational improvements.
- Provide deep technical expertise for the design standards, process capabilities, hazard analysis, performance monitoring, technical training and incremental and significant improvements for Packaging manufacturing technologies.