Your field of responsibility
The APAC Platform team is one of the fast growing functions in the region; with the larger delivery mandate, bigger team size, and rising delivery complexity, there has been a need for a senior risk management professional to join the team.
This role serves as the FLDS lead to the APAC Platform Business Management COO team in building and implementing the APAC Platform team’s strategy, governance, process standardization and control framework from the FLDS perspective. You are expected to drive the FLDS mandate in embedding and maintaining a robust risk culture, as well as designing and maintaining an effective risk governance and control framework to ensure full adherence to the Bank’s policies and standards.
You will be accountable for the design and operational excellence across all key risk and control topics, working across regional Business, Risk, and Change organization partners, and leading the FLDS Utility team (as an outsourcing arrangement) in fulfilling the FLDS mandate and making meaningful impact to our function.
This is a leadership role which requires outstanding problem solving and communications skills. You are expected to understand both the organizational complexity and the agile approach to change management, bridge both sides of the table, design, and implement a set of risk management initiatives in an articulated and artful manner.
Governance, Controls, Quality Assurance
- Support the APAC Platform Head of Business Management in executing the Governance pillar under the Business Management Book of Work
- Design, implementation, and monitoring of relevant controls including portfolio level KRIs
- Drive operational improvements through effective risk management and lead projects to improve risk culture, risk awareness and ensure compliance with Bank policies and regulator expectations
- Lead the FLDS Utility team (as an outsourced arrangement) to ensure the embedment of relevant processes and controls and effectiveness of FLDS control checking
- Support the implementation and BAU governance for APAC Platform related process books and controls
- Provide support to internal audit, external audit, and regulatory inspections when required, provide tracking to MICOS closure, and advise and challenge on responses
- Conduct read-across exercises to ensure adoption of remediation recommendations relevant to our function
- Organize appropriate risk reporting, analysis (based on risk maps, reviews, incidents, key risk indicators, scorecard and control testing results) for the APAC Platform team
People and Strategy
- Coordinate regular management engagement meetings to share key observations, risk trends and analysis, recommendations and track progress
- Support the APAC Platform Head of Business Management in designing and running the quarterly risk townhalls to encourage risk awareness and promote risk culture
- Be a key manager in the team and support the Head of Business Management in building out the relevant skillsets and capabilities
Your future colleagues
Our mission is to build the most admired Entrepreneurial Bank in APAC supporting our management in designing and implementing value-creating strategies and initiatives. You can expect a diverse variety of challenging tasks and responsibilities, firmly embedded in the business with the view to deliver sustainable results with a significant impact to the bank.
The department is dynamic, diverse and high-performing. Teamwork is key, and every team members is transparent and willing to support each other. The team is engaged with a high sense of belonging. In essence, we take care of each other and grow together to achieve bigger, better impacts.
In this role you will be working closely with APAC Platform Head of Business Management, Platform Leads, Platform domain and product owners, and the FLDS Utility team, and would be in frequent communications with IT COOs, Change Governance, Internal Audit, and Project Services.
Your skills and experience
We want you to demonstrate to us the quality of
- A curious learner with at least 8 years of experience in a risk & control function in the private banking space or management consulting with a focus in risk & control topics
- A collaborator with experience working with multiple partners and in handling business and operational risk issues and control matters
- A natural leader who acts as the role model of the Credit Suisse values, who is able to influence regardless of titles, and who is not afraid to challenge the status quo
- An excellent problem solver who demonstrates strong analytical skills and critical thinking, takes the initiative to identify areas of improvements, and aims to implement feasible solutions to address these observations
- A dedicated, results oriented individual who takes pride of what you do, and is able to work independently with minimal direct supervision, and excel under pressure given challenging priorities
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, presentation and interpersonal capabilities
- Outstanding MS PowerPoint, Excel, and Word skills
China – Hong Kong SAR-China – Hong Kong SAR-China – Hong Kong SAR