The Bruker Microbiology and Diagnostic business area covers diverse lines of market-leading products serving microbiology and diagnostic industry, including the MALDI Biotyper, the IR Biotyper, molecular diagnostic kits and antibiotic resistance and specialty susceptibility testing platform. The MALDI Biotyper is a revolutionary product which uses Mass spectrometry to produce rapid, accurate and cost effective bacterial identifications.
The Applications Manager will be responsible for coordinate customer training; pre/post sale support; providing applications note and develop expert knowledge supporting customers.
- Manage applications scientists to coordinate their effort for customer training and pre-post sales support
- Drive Bruker scientific leadership through research, congress symposia, publications, and educational activities
- Cultivate and establish strong collaborative relationships with key opinion and thought leaders
- Provide scientific, technical expertise to the R&D, Marketing Commercial Operations– for support activities of existing product offerings and identification of new products and their respective development
- Maintain expert working knowledge of the microbiology and infectious disease fields and the technologies and the services provided by Bruker
- Monitor industry developments to assess competitive activity and identify opportunities for future business opportunities.
- In-depth knowledge of clinical, food, pharma, environmental or veterinary microbiology
- Experience in managing applications teams
- Strong verbal, written, and technical presentation skills, including MS Office with advanced Excel applications proficiency.
- Demonstrated ability to independently manage multiple tasks and deliverables.
- Must be self-motivated and willing to take ownership of projects assigned by the management team.
- Ability to travel on a routine basis and maintain a current Passport/ VISA as required for international travel. Occasional weekend travel will be required. The CSS must plan and execute individual travel per company travel guidelines and within expense budget objectives
- Completed application training for new users and return visit of old users in the responsible area, and timely fed back customer needs with sales ， identify business opportunities.
- Support sales pre-sales training, exhibition explanation and participate in dealer training.
- Coordinate with the product manager to update the sales tools and assist in writing product promotion articles.
- Check the product configuration and fill in the order form.
Education And/or Experience
- Advanced degree in biological sciences or Chemistry
- Experience is IVD industry is a plus