Business, Location: Asylum Research – CHINA
Role: Applications Scientist
Reports to: China Country Manager
Person Specification – Essential Requirements Unless Stated Education / Qualifications
Professional Skills/ Abilities:
- Experience and extensive knowledge of the theory and operation of AFMs, ideally as a user of an Asylum Research AFM within a laboratory environment.
- Strong technical background and the ability to draw from this when interacting with customers, designing experiments, or troubleshooting.
- Friendly, agreeable and approachable, applicant must have excellent people skills with the ability to interact favourably with all personality types.
- Strong ability to be able to quickly gauge the experience and technical level of the customer/prospect and support/train at the best level to match.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent technical writing skills with the ability to write clearly and effectively.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise, plan, focus, and bring projects to completion within deadlines.
- Strong oral communication and presentation skills.
- Some teaching or tutoring experience preferred.
- Proficiency in English.
- Willingness to travel (up to 50%) is absolutely essential.
- “Can do” attitude – Decisive, flexible and able to work around issues to deliver required performance.
- Flexibility is key in a position where short notice changes to travel or laboratory plans are commonplace
- Proactive, self-starter, completes activities with minimal support. Initiates actions to develop new and better ways of working, using past experience and mistakes as positive opportunities for improvement.
- Positive personal impact. Listens effectively and actively seeks to understand views of others, providing a shared sense of purpose and direction by communicating effectively.
- Recognises the value of teamwork, developing positive, open relationships and shares knowledge between teams in order to achieve the company’s business goals.
- Thinks “outside the box” to derive different, creative solutions to support the company’s business strategy and growth.
- Team player – sees bigger picture as well as own priorities and needs.
- Outgoing personality, open to new experiences and challenges.