We are looking for a Software Engineer Team Manager who will play an influential role in driving our mission to build an outstanding infrastructure department. You are to leverage your technical knowledge with your passion to develop team members’ individual growth to build a software team that focus on innovative solutions for infrastructure challenges. Using your abundant software development experience, you will guide your team through complex and ambiguous environments towards simple and elegant implementations.
Strong communication and interpersonal skills are your assets to effectively influence the organization. You will also be responsible for building technical roadmaps together with the team based on new problem spaces and greenfield business opportunities.
- Guide team in designing, developing, and maintaining software to manage infrastructures hardware, purchase procurement and staff movement support.
- Exchange with infrastructure engineers to explore innovative solutions for mission critical infrastructure.
- Measure and monitor software usage and behavior and define necessary improvements.
- Accountable for incident response to restore production services involving software issues.
- Coach developers on career development, including development principles and technical skills.
What you will do:
- Building high quality and diverse products along with an inclusive team environment
- Work on problems with your team, roll up your sleeves, form an opinion and advocate for engineering-specific roadmap items
- Work with product, UX, Data and other disciplines to discover the best solutions for our infrastructural needs
- Be a technical influencer across the company and empower your team to do their best work
- Provide technical direction through technical design reviews, and pair programming
- Grow the team both through internal development and helping with external hiring
- Advocate for quick iterative development accompanied by experimentation analysis
Academic Background And Certifications, Experience
- University degree, with a master’s degree being advantageous in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related subject.
- 3+ years of experience in leading/mentoring/developing/coaching people & teams
- Technical expertise in one or more relevant areas, particularly the design, implementation and maintenance of web services and/or infrastructure
- Strategic thinking, with strong business and technical vision
- Experience with working in an agile environment
- Ability to collaborate with Senior Management and Product Management to ensure the technical vision aligns with the product vision
- Ability to quickly understand current and state of the art technologies and software engineering processes/frameworks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information clearly and concisely to a variety of audiences
- Proven ability to lead complex projects with multiple stakeholders
- Experience building and successfully growing development teams
- A commitment and drive for quality, technical excellence, and results
- Experience designing and developing APIs, web, and mobile properties
- Experience working with Scrum or Agile team
Nice to have:
- Network and other related fundamental infrastructure technologies or services.
- Good understanding of cloud design considerations and limitations.
Our primary tech stack:
- Python (Backend Web API)
- React (Frontend)
- Private cloud solution
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
Our expertise in the Asia Pacific region ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Securities Services, Trade Finance and Cash Management Services. Leveraging on our formidable global footprint, we serve corporates, financial institutions and the public sector. With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong, we operate in 11 countries across Asia Pacific, employing over 2,500 employees. You can find us in Beijing, Seoul, Tokyo, Singapore, Mumbai, Sydney and other locations in the region.
The IT Infrastructure department, Global Technical Services (GTS), is one of the major stakes for the bank and is at the heart of Societe Generale group’s strategy.
Today, the Digital Transformation raises important challenges around IT Architecture, Infrastructure and Security. Many of these challenges are opportunities to imagine new experiences for our clients and new way to deliver IT services.
Within the Resources and Innovation division, GTS department plays a key role in the Digital Transformation. With more than 3500 GTS staff located across the world, GTS develops innovative projects while delivering operational excellence for infrastructure services to 148,000 employees and 32 million external clients.
GTS staff motivation comes from the new technologies they deliver to enhance agility of the various business lines (Cloud, Big Data, Continuous Delivery).