The Role / Responsibilities:
The Moody’s ESG Solutions Group’s Client Service team is critical to our short and long-term success as an organization.
We are successful when our clients accrue continued value from our solutions and services. The Client Service team is expected to provide ‘white glove service’ to our existing client base to ensure they derive maximum value from existing products and uncover new applications and use cases for their organization.
The Client Service team understands customer needs and goals and brings technical expertise to support client onboarding, provide training and offer direction throughout all phases of the client life cycle pre- and post-sale in close collaboration with the Product Management, Research, and Sales teams. Achievement of these goals is measured through increased product usage, expanded organizational relationships and reduced client turnover rates. While this group is specifically focused on client retention, it is brought into sales conversations as product experts to help advance and close new business.
Climate Product Specialists’ Responsibilities Include
- Manage client projects from inception to implementation, including:
- Manage client onboarding and data intake
- Contribute to and coordinate the preparation and delivery of client deliverables via appropriate channels (e.g., API, SFTP) to ensure clients can easily access results
- Provide client trainings
- Serve as clients’ go-to resource for queries related to methodology, data and other technical matters
- Support clients’ interpretation and application of Moody’s ESG Solutions’ data to their use cases
- Contribute to business development, including proposal development, in close collaboration with the Sales team and RFP Analysts
- Systematically gather and share client feedback with Product, Research and other relevant internal groups
- Work closely with the Product, Research and Sales teams to promote quality improvement and the development of new sources of revenue
- Track and report on performance KPIs as defined at division level
- Master’s degree in environmental science, atmospheric or physical sciences, meteorology, hydrology, or a related field
- 3+ years’ experience in physical climate risk-related data analysis and research
- Deep knowledge of asset owners, asset managers, banks and/or insurers climate risk use cases and relevant market trends
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability effectively to communicate complex, technical issues to non-expert audiences
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Self-starter, autonomous and responsible
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment, and able to juggle and meet multiple deadlines
- Creative problem-solving skills and ability to diagnose issues and develop solutions
- Strong team player and an individual who enjoys interacting with people of all levels in a multicultural environment
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Familiarity with scientific computing in an interpreted language for data analysis such as Python
- Other language skills (e.g., Mandarin, Japanese)
With global demand for ESG and climate insights growing at pace, Moody’s ESG Solutions Group (MESGS) is continuing to build a first-class Sales and Customer Service team that drives success across every business line and customer segment. Our Sales organization is responsible for sales and customer support globally for the Moody’s suite of ESG, Climate and Sustainable Finance products and services. This global function consists of four core teams: Sales, Client Product Specialists, Sales Effectiveness and Strategic Relationships.
Job Req ID
Moody’s Shared Services (MSS)
Line of Business
Moody’s Risk Assessment (MRA)
Hong Kong SAR, Singapore, Sydney
Sales & Marketing
Job Sub Category
Working at Moody’s
Moody’s (NYSE: MCO) is a global integrated risk assessment firm that empowers organizations to make better decisions. Our data, analytical solutions and insights help decision-makers identify opportunities and manage the risks of doing business with others. We believe that greater transparency, more informed decisions, and fair access to information open the door to shared progress. With over 11,000 employees in more than 40 countries, Moody’s combines international presence with local expertise and over a century of experience in financial markets. Learn more at moodys.com .
About Moody’s ESG Solutions
Moody’s ESG Solutions Group (MESGS) is a business unit of Moody’s Corporation. Its mission is to serve the growing global demand for ESG and climate insights. Complementing Moody’s long-established track record in risk management expertise, the group’s comprehensive offering includes – but is not limited to – ESG scores and assessments, climate data, ESG-themed indices, Sustainability Ratings and sustainable finance certifier services that help fulfil the broad spectrum of ESG- and climate-related goals in risk management, equity and credit markets.
The group is rapidly expanding in headcount to meet ambitious growth targets on the path to becoming the most preeminent data and solutions provider within the ESG domain. By crafting a comprehensive suite of solutions, powered by superior data and overlaid with analytical expertise, Moody’s ESG Solutions seeks to be a pioneer of positive transformation – by playing a pivotal role in the greening of economy and advancing resilience across customer segments, including companies, sovereigns, banks, insurers, asset managers and asset owners globally.
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Securities Trading Policy (STP)
Candidates for Moody’s Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.