Job title: Associate/VP – C++ Programmer
Division: Global Markets
Location: Hong Kong
Nomura is a leading financial services group and the preeminent Asian-based investment bank with worldwide reach. Nomura provides a broad range of innovative solutions tailored to the specific requirements of individual, institutional, corporate and government clients through an international network in over 30 countries. Based in Tokyo and with regional headquarters in Hong Kong, London, and New York, Nomura employs over 27,000 staff worldwide. Nomura’s unique understanding of Asia enables the company to make a difference for clients through three business divisions: retail, asset management, and wholesale (global markets and investment banking).
The Global Markets Digital Strategy Department contributes to business transformation in Nomura Securities by formulating digital strategies for Global Markets. It is also in change of managing the trading platform across a variety of financial products. By analyzing market data and various other data sources, we are developing trading platforms that make full use of advanced information technology; we routinely use mathematical modelling and workflow optimization to respond to investors needs around the world. We are closely collaborating with other departments in Sales and Trading and Technology. The department coverage starts from Japan (Headquarter) and expands to Asia and Global. We welcome motivated and intellectually curious individuals who are looking for challenges and interested in expanding Nomura Group’s global platform.
- Targeting experienced C++ programmers to work on our algorithmic trading platform for Equities
- Responsible for developing, testing, and deploying our trading strategies.
- Involved in improving the eco system around the trading platform (test environment, framework)
- Relevant development experience in C++
- Previous experience in Algorithmic Trading for Equities or previous experience in Trading Systems, Connectivity Systems with high throughput and low latency for Equities as well
- Interested in hands on development work
- Proficiency in English
Nomura is committed to an employment policy of equal opportunities, and is fundamentally opposed to any less favourable treatment accorded to existing or potential members of staff on the grounds of race, creed, colour, nationality, disability, marital status, pregnancy, gender or sexual orientation