ICON plc is a world-leading healthcare intelligence and clinical research organisation. From molecule to medicine, we advance clinical research providing outsourced services to pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device and government and public health organisations.
With our patients at the centre of all that we do, we help to accelerate the development of drugs and devices that save lives and improve quality of life.
Our people are our greatest strength, are at the core of our culture, and the driving force behind our success. ICON people have a mission to succeed and a passion that ensures what we do, we do well.
The Clinical Investigator Payment Associate will undertake activities to provide specialized support and assistance to the Clinical Business Operations and all studies in site payment vendor portfolio. This role partners closely with the Clinical Operations team, contracts and budget team, and site payment vendor. Role will also ensure accuracy and timely site payments for study portfolio by planning, executing, tracking and management of global clinical trial payments.
- Experience with site payment vendor management or oversite including holding vendor accountable for services in Statement of Work (SOW).
- Experience creating baseline Investigator Grant budget estimates using a benchmarking tool and assessing for Fair Market Value (FMV)
- Ability to manage total overall study budget as well as global payments, with specific emphasis on the EMEA region as well as experience with other country specific payment rules and regulations.
- Support the implementation of the SOW and Change Order process and project related cost, if applicable.
- Demonstrated experience in supporting R&D as it relates to Clinical Trial business operations.
- Successfully work with 3rd party site payment vendor resolving site payment discrepancies, historical payment issues, and monthly reporting requests.
- Track payments owed to clinical research sites in accordance with the negotiated unit price per the site contract.
- Support management in identification of risks, develop mitigation strategies, alternative solutions, resolve issues, action item/follow up in collaboration with cross functional and/or matrix teams.
- Maintain frequent and consistent communication with external partners and/or investigators and internal departments regarding payment activities during the contract lifecycle.
- Able to review Clinical Trial site budgets, if needed.
- Bachelor’s (BA/BS) Degree from accredited college or university
- 2-4 years’ finance, accounting, and/orBusiness Administration experience or 3-5 years in clinical research or pharmaceutical industry
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Able to priortize work activties efficently and using time during project effictively
- Treats people with respect; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values
- Able to adapt to changes in the work environment and manage competing demands
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Strong Knowledge of computer systems such as microsoft packagaes
Benefits Of Working In ICON
Our success depends on the knowledge, capabilities and quality of our people. That’s why we are committed to developing our employees in a continuous learning culture – one where we challenge you with engaging work and where every experience adds to your professional development.
At ICON, our focus is to provide you with a comprehensive and competitive total reward package that comprises, not only an excellent level of base pay, but also a wide range of variable pay and recognition programs. In addition, our best in class employee benefits, supportive policies and wellbeing initiatives are tailored to support you and your family at all stages of your career – both now, and into the future.
ICON, including subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please let us know.