About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
The GBS China and Guangzhou Country Technology Management (CTM) is a trusted Technology Partner who enables GBS CN&GZ to reach our Business Goal. As the One Technology Face for GBS CN&GZ, CTM performs end-to-end Technology Governance to guarantee Technology Service Delivery and offer fit for purpose solution to our Business Expectation and Predefined SLA. Optimize the Value of Business IT Investment. Ensure Effective Technology Risk Control and meet Compliance requirement.
We are looking for a Business Technology Manager under CTM in GBS Guangzhou to support our Business IT Service Management.
Representing Technology & Innovation (T&I) the Business Technology Manager is a Business Partner to ensure focused Technology Service to address our business IT Service Need from all Technology Aspect to ensure Smooth Business Operation to reach Business goal. Representing GBS CN&GZ Business, the BTM is a Stakeholder to ensure all Technology Service function as expected to predefined SLA to support Business requirement. Keep raising IT service standard to improve business IT service experience and drive cost efficiency.
The role will get opportunity to support GBS GZ & CN business with close collaboration across China India Malaysia and Poland with Responsibilities including:
- Ambassador: Full T&I representation, noting that each T&I group bears full accountability for provision of respective T&I services to the business and CTM.
- Forums: Suitable forum representation of T&I, such as mgmt. forum, business risk forum, major initiative GBS CN implementation and project steering committees. CTM’s will facilitate/coordinate business-facing forums and involve the relevant T&I personnel.
- Service: Ensuring that all technology service needs are addressed, regardless of type, to comply with any prevailing SLAs and/or reasonable expectations of GBS CN business.
- Incident and Problem mgmt.: For incidents having significant business impact, support the incident/problem mgmt. process which is owned by group T&I. This will mainly involve the communication/escalation to business mgmt. of service impact, recovery process, root cause, and mitigating actions, and communication back to T&I of business concerns.
- Change Control.: Ensuring that the T&I change mgmt. process caters for all GBS CN change needs. In approving GBS CN infrastructure changes, CTM will act as the gatekeeper of GBS CN technology environment by assessing impact and level of risk as result of scheduled changes.
- Transition: Ensure the project delivery from T&I to GBS CN are properly scrutinized based on group project mgmt. framework. For GBS CN roll out of global technology initiatives, agree the optimal GBS CN approach, and if required, provide local mgmt./implementation resources and governance. Engage all levels of T&I matrix for issue escalation processes as appropriate.
- Business Migration: Closely work with Business to support business process migration to GBS China from Technology perspective.
- Service Improvements: Reviewing progress of T&I service improvement initiatives for GBS CN, escalating and contributing ideas as appropriate. Gauging business satisfaction with overall T&I service on a regular basis. Feedback to be channelled into T&I mgmt. for improvement planning. Also ensuring business awareness of T&I plans accordingly.
- Communication: Cascade T&I strategy, key themes, major messages, and latest technology developments, and ensure communication is a priority across T&I and GBS CN business.
- Stakeholder Mgmt.: Maintain an effective business network in close collaboration with each GBS CN business domain. Keep a good understanding on the local business as necessity to support them on their focus and priority.
- Financial: On behalf of business, ensure transparency on business IT expense and drive Cost Efficiency.
- Technology Risk and Information Security: Following group Risk Mgmt. Framework, ensure that GBS CN business exposure to each form of technology risk is understood and managed. Provide first line support in managing Information Security Risk for GBS to implement an efficient control. Closely collaborate with Group Security Technology Services to ensure the services are properly delivered to our business.
- End User Computing (EUC): On any business investment in technology services out of the T&I as necessary, ensure business follows the group End User Computer framework to have a proper control.
- Any other applicable tasks under technology management.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.] *
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Rich experience in Service Mgmt. Service Delivery Mgmt. Incident Mgmt. etc.
- Excellent communication with strong influencing skills would be mandatory.
- Advanced English writing and fluent English speaking is a MUST to coordinate among international teams.
- The candidate is expected to have strong stakeholder mgmt. skills and presentation skills.
- Experience in general IT management in a Call Centre service area is a strong plus.
- Knowledge in Banking operations would be a strong advantage.
- Experience in Information & Cyber Security Management, Technology Risk Management and dealing with regulation & compliance is a strong plus.
- Good understanding in ITIL and PMP
- Technical literacy is preferred – not necessarily a technical expert but should possess.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages. We welcome conversations on flexible working.