Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill’s global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s agricultural supply chain business, where we seamlessly connect farming customers with food, feed and industry.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Food Safety Quality and Regulatory Consultant II will apply broad and deep scientific understanding of policies, standards and practices across a region to ensure continuous quality improvement and drive business compliance in one or more specialty area. In this role, you will implement policies, regulations, customer and supplier standards across the upstream product supply chain and primary process. You will collaborate with a strategic customer base on issues of moderate complexity and provide solutions to food safety and quality issues within a regional product line.
- Ensure effective communication and alignment of strategic customer policies and develop systems to support the simplified understanding to ensure consistency and compliance by suppliers and within facilities, driving a focused improvement culture.
- Provide moderately complex training related to food safety and quality throughout the organization.
- Anticipate internal and external business challenges and regulatory issues, recommending process, product or service improvements.
- Review audit reports and supplier performance metrics and develop and provide dashboard summaries to relay common findings and initiate regional projects to drive improvements as required.
- Conduct moderately complex and broad analysis of food safety and quality metrics to identify best practices, trends and areas of opportunity, acting as the main point of contact for subject matter discussion, gap analysis feedback, policy and issue discussion for the region with strategic customers.
- Lead moderately complex validation and verification studies related to food safety and quality and provide regulatory reviews with scientific and regulatory affairs to assure scientific rigor, accuracy and transparency of information.
- Other duties as assigned
- Provide expert thought leadership in your field and work with limited direction, using additional research and interpretation to identify issues or problems. You may provide direction to supporting team members and be a strategic contributor.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 15 years of related work experience