Warringtonfire, part of the Element Group, has an opportunity Product Certification Auditors, at all experience levels, to join our fast growing team in Greater China. This is a great opportunity to work with one of the fastest growing organisations within the Testing, Inspection & Certification sector. Warringtonfire exists to help make certain that the materials, products and processes that we test, inspect and certify for our customers are always safe, quality, compliant and fit for purpose. Warringtonfire is proud to be part of Element, the market leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification services.
- Undertake factory production audits (at client’s premises) and other related services in accordance with defined Certification procedures (e.g. Certifire, CE etc)
- Ensure the audit schedules for defined clients are delivered to plan and in line with target objectives
- Take responsibility for customer communication and relationships to ensure completion of audits
- Achieve planned personal utilisation levels in line with annual defined targets and objectives
- Produce accurate and timely client reporting and timesheets in line with operational target objectives
- Extensive travelling within China. Occasional international travel. Staying away from home as necessary
- Provide technical support and staff training/mentoring to all parts of the business as required
- Maintain a high standard of service delivery ensuring effective customer relationships are maintained
- Maintain professional status and CPD requirements in accordance with accreditation and business requirements and to develop new audit and product sector knowledge as required and requested
- Conduct single and multi-discipline audits, e.g. passive fire protection materials and/or products manufacturing, construction hardware manufacturing etc
- High competence in attention to detail and essential information gathering
- To always operate in accordance with Element’s Purpose, Mission, Vision and Values
- To work in accordance with all Element’s policies procedures and standards as all times
- This job description should not be considered exhaustive and the business may reasonably request duties in line with the incumbent’s skills, knowledge and aptitude
Skills / Qualifications
- Educated to first degree standard or equivalent
- Experience of factory production audits in a fire safety products, building materials, door hardware or related industry. This is not essential for junior auditor applicants as full training will be provided.
- QMS lead auditor qualification or equivalent, or willingness and ability to complete the course and exam. Experience of ISO17065, ISO17025 are preferred
- Ideally at least 5 years of professional experience in relevant industries
- Professional and confident approach
- Good IT skills and knowledge of systems
- Competent with MS Office applications: in particular MS Excel – to intermediate level
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – both written and oral
- Ability to effectively communicate in both Mandarin and English. Cantonese is a plus.
- Ability to take ownership of clients and manage issues to a successful conclusion
- Customer focused, develop strong working relationships
- Ability to work to strict deadlines and under pressure, positive and effective team player
- Prepared to take on additional challenges as and when they are identified
- Ability and willingness to travel with frequent overnight stays – possibility of overseas work in longer term
Element is one of the fastest growing testing, inspection and certification businesses in the world. Globally we have more than 6,500 brilliant minds operating from 200 sites across 30 countries. Together we share an ambitious purpose to ‘Make tomorrow safer than today’.
When failure in use is not an option, we help customers make certain that their products, materials, processes and services are safe, compliant and fit for purpose. From early R&D, through complex regulatory approvals and into production, our global laboratory network of scientists, engineers, and technologists support customers to achieve assurance over product quality, sustainable outcomes, and market access.
While we are proud of our global reach, working at Element feels like being part of a smaller company. We empower you to take charge of your career, and reward excellence and integrity with growth and development.
Industries across the world depend on our care, attention to detail and the absolute accuracy of our work. The role we have to play in creating a safer world is much bigger than our organization.
At Element, we always take pride in putting our people first. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes diversity and inclusion as fundamental to our Vision of becoming “the world’s most trusted testing partner”.
All suitably qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective work related criteria and without regard for the following: race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, and/or protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the applicable governing laws.
TIC Council Statement
Element is proud to be a full member of the Testing, Inspection & Certification Council (the “TIC Council”), an international association representing independent testing, inspection and certification companies.
Members of the TIC Council must implement and abide by the TIC Council Compliance Code. Element has therefore issued an overarching Code of Conduct which is supported by our Compliance Programme. A copy of the Code of Conduct and more information about our Compliance Programme can be found in the Governance and Integrity section of www.element.com .