- Will be responsible for the management of any escalated (level1) logistical issues related to the daily operations between the 4PL, the 3rd party suppliers in China and Syngenta’s Global Sourcing office in China.
- Will ensure the continuous maintenance of all KPI dashboards in order to create visibility and to track the 4PL performance. Will ensure that any agreed and documented corrective and preventive long term actions for any issues or non-conformances related to 4PL are upheld and completed.
- Will drive and follow up any Supply Chain optimization initiatives identified and mutually agreed upon by the Global Modes 4PL.
- Will ensure the continuous improvement of all processes associated with the 4PL providers and maintain full ownership and control of all related and documented SOPs and working instructions within their scope of responsibility.
- Will ensure that 4PL and contracted 3PL adhere to all business and Syngenta codes of practic
Knowledge, experience & capabilities
- Good and solid knowledge of logistics, air & ocean transport having dealt with international operators (forwarders and or carriers) actively in the respective transportation mode in exports out of China
- Logistics experience in movement of dangerous goods
- Good knowledge of processes linked to logistics (e.g. warehousing, customs, order management) and practices of SAP SD/MM and MS office
- Training in IMDG, IATA and ADR dangerous good transportation regulation would be a plus
- Good logistics market insights (air and sea freight focus)
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- 5+ years professional experience in logistics supplier management and/or Logistics operations (Air and or Ocean)
- A successful track record managing the delivery of outsourced services
- Used to work in a complex, cross functional business environment
- Self-motivated, sense of urgency, balanced, with sense of priorities
- Analytical skills
P&S – Supply & Logistics