The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we’re leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at the HSBC Group. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
Some Careers Have More Impact Than Others.
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you’ll be.
HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organisations in the world, with operations in 64 countries and territories. We aim to be where the growth is, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and, ultimately, helping people to fulfil their hopes and realise their ambitions.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team in the role of Consultant Specialist.
Why join us?
Our technology teams in the Guangzhou office work closely with HSBC’s global businesses to help design and build technology services that allow our Markets business users around the world, to perform their tasks quickly, simply and securely. We are currently seeking for an enthusiast IT development specialist to join Markets Cross Assets pod in Guangzhou. The team is responsible for developing and maintaining core features of XDS and providing support to the business. XDS is a Tier0 mission critical platform storing and distributing data which are commonly used in Markets Front Office as inputs for valuations and risks as well as other functions like Finance and Traded Risks. We work in small, agile DevOps teams with colleagues from around the world. We currently have a presence in London, Pune in India, Hong Kong, Guangzhou and Toronto. Our multi-disciplined teams include: DevOps engineers, IT architects, Developers, QA specialists, BAs, as well as project managers and rely on infrastructure specialists from our wider department. The team in Guangzhou is currently responsible for building Operational tooling and Monitoring solutions for the XDS application – but as the XDS application is broken down into microservices as part of FSA (Future State Architecture) work in 2021, the Guangzhou team will take on even more development responsibility. Indeed, in 2021, the Gz team will play a key part in the FSA project – to migrate from Oracle/Coherence to MongoDB.
Business: Markets & Securities Services IT
- This role will be part of our XDS Guangzhou pod and will cover all aspects of application technical development and support.
- The role will carry out some or all of the following activities:
- Analysis, Design, Development, Delivery and Maintenance of applications in collaboration with business users and other IT teams in various locations.
- Liaision with other engineers, architects, and business stakeholders to understand the end to end data flow, which aspect of the application are critical and propose improvement to facilitate the monitoring of the platform.
- Understand the application data and how to query it to trouble shoot it
- Propose idea and new design. Propose improvement which aim to simplify the architecture, make it more resilient and user friendly and reduce toil.
- Providing application and technical support for consumers of XDS front to back as part of a follow the sun rota.
- Monitoring of service availability and activity to ensure optimum usage and performance.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
- 7+ years of experience in working in large, fast-paced environments.
- Experience of supporting and developing mission-critical applications – particularly multithreaded, server-side applications with high throughputs, with low latency requirements.
- Proven track record in a development or support role working under pressure to tight deadlines
- Experience of Unix/Linux scripting language (e.g. Bash, AWK etc.).
- Fluency in Java (min. v1.7) coding.
- Working experience in Spring modules- core, beans, context, expression language, Spring Boot.
- Good knowledge of MongoDB Query language.
- Team player.
- Ability to work flexibly.
- Ability to deliver Business requirements end-to-end – including requirements gathering from Business stakeholders, Technical analysis, Design, Coding, Unit/Integration Testing and demoing of results to Business users.
- Excellent communication skills, written, verbal and presentational – including communication to end-users and senior Business stakeholders. As English is the HSBC business language, strong English – both written and spoken is essential.
What additional skills will be good to have?
- Experience of working with messaging technologies – especially Solace.
- Experience of Mongo DB Administration – including setting up/configuring replica-sets/shards.
- Experience of working in an Agile delivery team, Test Driven Development, Automation and Continuous Integration practices.
- Knowledge in unit testing, and test automation (JUnit, Mockito)
- Experience building microservice architecture systems, RESTful WS and JSON.
- Familiarity with Intellij IDEA, Maven, Git, Jenkins – or similar.
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and, opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified persons irrespective of, but not limited to, their gender or genetic information, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, social status, medical care leave requirements, political affiliation, people with disabilities, color, national origin, veteran status, etc., We consider all applications based on merit and suitability to the role.”
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Job Field: Technology
Primary Location: Asia Pacific-China-Guangdong-Guangzhou
Type of Vacancy: Country vacancy
Job Posting: 18-Aug-2021, 14:25:46