The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we’re leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at the HSBC Group. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you’ll be.
HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organisations in the world, with operations in 64 countries and territories. We aim to be where the growth is, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and, ultimately, helping people to fulfil their hopes and realise their ambitions.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team in the role of Consultant Specialist .
What you’ll do:
- Work with local manager in HTC to support ASP country business and IT teams, participate in the various stages of a development project, such as requirement gathering, function design, technical design, development, testing, implementation and support. The support scope is mainly on iSeries platform, and also some local small applications.
- Regularly visit ASP countries e.g, Malaysia to understand local business priority and work closely with local IT to back up each other, especially when some local IT teammates are on leave. This team is an extension of ASP country local IT.
- Conduct coding and testing with little guidance, compliant to the Bank’s development standard and meet the quality requirements
- Provide input to system solutions to meet business needs
What you will need to succeed in the role?
- 8:10 years’ software development experience in AS400 RPG, preferably on HUB, ATMP, HSS, HIE, TREATS.
- Experienced in software technical design, coding and testing.
- With analytical and problem solving skills, able to work independently, proactively and under pressure against multiple deadlines.
- Be familiar with AS400, RPGLE, CL on iSeries.
- Have awareness of Agile/DevOps approach and practices, additional credit for the experiences in DevOps tooling (e.g. JIRA, RTC, ARCAD, Jenkins, etc.).
- A highly-motivated individual with positive and proactive attitude. Open minded and adaptive to changes.
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Good spoken and written English.
- Willing to work offshore and travel if required
- Flexibility to work on weekends or late hours
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced dynamic environment to deliver high quality results under tight schedule and high pressure
- Working in a team with different cultures
What additional skills will be good to have?
- Be familiar with Java,Node.js, Micro Service, AWS, Ali Cloud.
- PMP, CSM certification.
Due to the urgent hiring need, candidates with immediate right to work locally and no relocation need will be prioritised.
The chosen candidate for this role will be required to undergo enhanced vetting. Subject to local laws, this will require the individual to satisfactorily pass a series of additional checks as part of the recruitment process and on an ongoing basis, if appointed to the role. HSBC Group reserves its position with regard to any steps which it may take in relation to any material adverse findings which arise either when the checks are originally completed, and/or if relevant, on an ongoing basis. For more information about the enhanced vetting for this role please contact the recruiter for this role.
About HSBC Technology China
We develop, implement and support software and IT services and processes that allow HSBC to remain at the forefront of high-quality banking systems.
HSBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and, opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified persons irrespective of, but not limited to, their gender or genetic information, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, social status, medical care leave requirements, political affiliation, people with disabilities, color, national origin, veteran status, etc., We consider all applications based on merit and suitability to the role.”
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Job Field: Technology
Primary Location: Asia Pacific-China-Guangdong-Guangzhou
Type of Vacancy: Global vacancy
Job Posting: 18-Aug-2021, 16:29:14