The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we’re leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at the HSBC Group. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you’ll be.
HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organisations in the world, with operations in 64 countries and territories. We aim to be where the growth is, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and, ultimately, helping people to fulfil their hopes and realise their ambitions.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team in the role of Consultant Specialist.
- Translating requirements into system design specifications and the implementation of systems
- Conduct software analysis, programming, testing and debugging
- Identifying production and non-production application issues
- Recommend changes to improve established java application processes
- To take part in software and architectural development activities
- Able to coach, guide and mentor junior members in the team
- University Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related discipline
- 5+ year solid working experience in IT industry based on JAVA
- Solid Java, database (MSSQL) experience.
- Good analytical, problem-solving and interpersonal skills
- Experience with RESTful web service architecture, API management, Microservices
- Prior experience developing software with a test-driven approach (TDD, BDD)
- Know how to work around a Unix or Linux operating system
- Working in an Agile / Scrum delivery methodology is preferred
- Familiar with Devops tools: JIRA, Confluence, Jenkins, Ansible
- Proactive, self-motivated, open-minded and able to work as part of a team
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and, opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified persons irrespective of, but not limited to, their gender or genetic information, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, social status, medical care leave requirements, political affiliation, people with disabilities, color, national origin, veteran status, etc., We consider all applications based on merit and suitability to the role.”
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Job Field: Technology
Primary Location: Asia Pacific-China-Guangdong-Guangzhou
Type of Vacancy: Global vacancy
Job Posting: 23-Aug-2021, 16:23:58