Binance is the global blockchain company behind the world’s largest digital asset exchange by trading volume and users, serving a greater mission to accelerate cryptocurrency adoption and increase the freedom of money.
Are you looking to be a part of the most influential company in the blockchain industry and contribute to the crypto-currency revolution that is changing the world?
Binance is looking for an experienced Data Protection Officer with expert knowledge of Data Protection regulations and strong experience of performing DPO duties in a fast paced regulated environment.
The DPO will monitor compliance and data practices internally to ensure Binance continues to comply with applicable requirements.
- Perform statutory DPO duties such as responding to data subject requests, staff training, data protection impact assessments and internal audits
- Participate in the development of our global Data Protection strategy
- Serve as the primary contact for supervisory authorities and data subjects
- Proactively engage to help solve business Data Protection challenges
- Experience in Legal or Compliance roles in financial services
- Strong knowledge of GDPR and global data privacy/protection legislation
- Strong knowledge of IT/Cloud systems
- Law Degree or equivalent relevant experience
- At least 5 years in data protection or equivalent roles
- Experience implementing compliance frameworks for GDPR and other international data privacy/protection regulations
- Certifications from IAPP (or equivalent) preferred
- Located in the APAC timezone
- Fluent in both Chinese and English, due to work nature