Director, China Conglomerates and Investment Holding Companies POD
The Location: Hong Kong
The Team: You will be part of a global and multicultural team, reporting to the Analytical Manager for the Greater China Heavy Industries team. As the lead analyst, you will lead a talented analytical team, and will have analytical responsibility for a growing portfolio of credits in the Conglomerates and Investment Holding Companies (IHC) spaces.
The Impact: You will analyze original, non-routine and complex situations in a timely, orderly and insightful manner. Developing and maintaining a deep understanding of industry trends and issues.
What’s in it for you: This position acts as a senior member of Corporate Ratings team in the region. This position could also act as chairperson of the rating committee in their area of expertise to assure the integrity of the ratings process. At this level, the incumbent will typically initiate, not just implement, identification and development of criteria, policy and analytical deliberations. The role will undertake credit analysis on companies and assume sector responsibility.
- Take direct responsibility as primary analyst over a small portfolio of sensitive, complex ratings analyzing pertinent information and data necessary for rating determination
- Analytical oversight (surveillance requirement, analysis accuracy) of the portfolio companies
- Have responsibility for supporting and coaching members of the analytical team, in analytical matters, issuer management and external outreach
- Model the leadership behaviors and coach and mentor junior staff
- The director will assure that the analytical guidelines, procedures and policies established for ratings are adhered to by the analytical staff
- Act as a spokesperson (via media, seminars or our own media platform) for the sector and will also participate in the educational transparency sessions in explaining S&P rating criteria and process to external parties
- External communication and outreach – the director must develop effective relationships with issuers, intermediaries and investors
- The director will lead the team producing thought leadership initiatives and commentaries
- Take the lead on special projects within the Corporate Ratings Practice as appropriate.
What We’re Looking For
- Graduate degree in business, finance or related field required. MBA of CFA would be an advantage.
- 10-15 years of significant experience in financial services, credit or a relevant corporate sector experience strongly preferred
- Knowledge: With strong analytical capability – either strong credit analysis background or equity research background
- Has good knowledge of the overall global fixed income market and deep understanding of the corporate industry (ideally with a focus on capital goods, automotive, building materials and similar manufacturing industries)
- Personal skills: Team player, good time management and strong communication skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and Mandarin
- Support business growth and franchise – as a spokesperson (via media, seminars or our own media platform) for corporate and infrastructure analytics and will need to work with the CBM team in explaining analytics for outreach activities
- Has ability to coach and mentor others
About S&P Global Ratings
S&P Global Ratings is the world’s leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.
202 – Middle Professional (EEO Job Group) (inactive), 20 – Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), RATNGS202.2 – Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group)
Job ID: 263450
Posted On: 2021-07-28
Location: Central, Hong Kong