- Great opportunity to grow in Greater bay area
- Promising career path with competitive compensation and benefit
About Our Client
City University of Hong Kong (CityU) is seeking a seasoned professional to provide leadership and strategic support to foster the successful start-up and smooth operation of the to-be-built CityU Campus in Greater Bay Area (GBA Campus). The appointee will be required to station and work in Greater Bay Area.
- Take the lead in the formulation, development and implementation of the overall human resources policies and practices for the setup of the new Campus; the initial key areas for development may include staffing and pay structure, compensation and benefits, performance and reward management, training and development as well as personnel data administration;
- Responsible for talent search, and oversee the recruitment of staff for the new Campus;
- Work closely with CityU in HK to ensure the policies and practices in alignment with the University’s strategic direction and requirements; business travelling to CityU’s Kowloon Tong campus is required; Maintain good relationship with the local and provincial government to secure support and meet expectations;
- Provide strategic professional advice on human resources management, and ensure proper governance in compliance with the statutory requirements in the Mainland China;
- Collaborate with concerned offices/units in the new Campus and Kowloon Tong Campus to achieve the defined goals and objectives.
The Successful Applicant
- A university degree, and preferably with a relevant qualification;
- At least 15 years’ human resources experience at senior management level, preferably in the education or related sectors, and familiarity with the Mainland labour legislation;
- Proven track record in green field operations in the Mainland;
- Strong strategic thinking and planning abilities, with high motivation to achieve the set goals;
- Effective communication and presentation skills, with high proficiency in written and spoken English and Chinese (including simplified Chinese) and fluency in Putonghua;
- Demonstrated leadership with sound judgement and high integrity.
What’s On Offer
A highly competitive remuneration package will be offered, commensurate with the appointee’s qualifications and experience. Initial appointment will be on contract, renewable subject to mutual agreement. It will be a Mainland appointment offered in accordance with the local labour legislation.
Contact: New_Role_JP_Blind.gifJacob Chen
Quote job ref: 4116398