BeiGene continues to grow at a rapid pace with challenging and exciting opportunities for experienced professionals. When considering candidates, we look for scientific and business professionals who are highly motivated, collaborative, and most importantly, share our passionate interest in fighting cancer.
- The Portfolio Management and Excellence position will play a critical role in developing investment program strategy and implementing investment project plans with established goals, prioritization, and timelines. It is accountable of the program design & plan, review, acceleration, and optimization. The role will interact with Bio Ventures and Innovation Center leadership teams to support the execution of their business plans
Essential Functions Of The Job
- Develop the strategic plan for BioIsland Innovation Center and Bio Ventures. Manage investment portfolio and incubating company projects with suitable framework appropriate to BeiGene’s Bio Ventures and execution roadmap in 1 year, 3 years and 5 years with regular review and evolvement to leadership team.
- Identify the innovation ecosystem key stakeholders extending to Guangdong, Hong Kong and Macao Great Bay Area or so called GBA core areas and buildup a robust innovation network centered by BeiGene, make social & industrial impact in the community.
- Establish well-designed innovation programs and activities to proactively engage with BeiGene’s internal and external resources and capabilities to effectively scout and evaluate potential investment projects, incubate with high precision and efficiency to accelerate the project growth and development.
- Collect, analyze and prepare for presentations in the form of reports and PowerPoint ppt to management, investment screening committee and other related organization to seize investment and incubating opportunities. Buildup a systematic incubation process or system with clear selection criteria, well-defined prioritized Biotech related innovation fields with, tracking of the progress
- En gage with the investment team to coordinate, optimize the prioritization, track the progress of investment plans and drive the plans to operational reality according to the investment objectives.
- Create and develop market intelligent and analysis. To collect, analyze Biotech industry development, R&D trend via multiple data and info sources and effective tools and display format to assist dirving investment focus direction and investment portfolio management.
- Cross-function alignment and communication to lead assigned Bio ventures strategic projects by collaborating with the leadership team.
- Master degree in life science disciplines plus MBA (of reputable MBA program) with min. 3+ years of Corporate strategic planning ideally with investment portfolio management experience in pharmaceutical industry or relevant areas of interest including conventional therapeutics, diagnostics, medical device, biologics manufacturing and other related technologies, platforms, or investment research.
- Good knowledge of innovation landscape in GBA, extended to China, APAC even global
- Strong network in healthcare industry along the value chain
- Overseas working experiences with international vision is preferred
- Entrepreneurship spirit is critical and be able to build up from the ground.
- Deep knowledge on portfolio operations/methodology, domestic and oversea cutting-edge knowledge in relevant functions.
- In-depth understanding of all aspects of project or investment life cycle.
- Self-motivation with mature emotional intelligence, detailed oriented.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain positive relationships to effectively interface at all levels.
- Lead experience with leading strategic initiatives in the related industry preferred. With an ability to embrace change, respect differences of opinion, communicate openly
Follow Us on MoSeeker !