At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Responsible for the daily coaching, reporting and direction of the Security personnel and operations on the Florida campus.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Recruitment And Retention
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Recruit, interview and hire Security personnel.
- Communicate criteria to recruiters for Security candidates.
- Monitor team member turnover; identify key factors that can be improved; make improvements.
- Establish clear measurable goals and objectives by which to determine individual and team results (i.e. operational metrics, results against project timelines, training documentation, attendance records, knowledge of operational roles and responsibilities, personal development goals).
- Solicit ongoing feedback from Facilities/EHS Manager, peers and team member on team member’s contribution to the team.
- Provide ongoing coaching and counseling to team member based on feedback.
- Express pride in staff and encourage them to feel good about their accomplishments.
- Perform team member evaluations professionally and on time.
- Drive individuals and the team to continuously improve in key operational metrics and the achievement of the organizational goals.
- Coordinate activities of large teams and keep them focused in times of crises.
- Ensure recognition and rewards are managed fairly and consistently in area of responsibility.
Forecast Development And Accuracy
- Forecast quarterly expenditures to the Facilities/EHS Manager.
- Monitor the security cameras for all buildings.
- React to Security, fire and other alarms outline in daily procedures.
- Review completed shift reports and address critical issues and escalate to the Facilities Manager as necessary.
- Train employees on emergency response procedures.
- Liaison with Facility Security Officer (FSO) Promote and enforce DOD regulations as the apply to daily operations. Train and evaluate Security team knowledge and application of regulations. Report violation to FSO and Facility Manager.
- Perform period evaluations of job knowledge.
- Possess knowledge in the use of the closed circuit television system (CCTV). Also must be proficient in the advanced operation of the recording system and its use.
- Report security system impairments to the Security Systems Supervisor.
- Supervise the security guards on proper creation and control of credentials.
- Develop shift patrols to monitor the security of the campus. Run report to verify patrols were completed as outlined.
- Develop instructions and train the security force in security operations.
- Control workforce work schedule.
- Hands on working supervisor. Monitors all shifts to include nights and weekends.
- Keeps Facilities/EHS Manager informed of campus security and emergencies.
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by manager.
- Comply, follow, and enforce all procedures within the company security policy.
- Perform other duties as outlined by the Facilities Manager.
High School Diploma and 10 years of previous military experience or 5 years security related supervisory experience. Associate’s degree preferred. Must possess or be able to obtain a US Clearance.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.