Employment Status:RegularTime Type:Full timeBUILDING A WORLD CLASS TEAM STARTS WITH YOU
At the heart of CSA Group is a vision: making the world a better, safer, more sustainable place. It’s been part of our mission for nearly one hundred years: from the first engineering standard for railway bridges developed in 1919, to more than 3,500 standards, codes & related products today.
Headquartered in Canada, with a global footprint of more than 30 labs and offices across Europe, Asia and North America, CSA Group tests, inspects and certifies a wide range of products – from every day househould items to leading edge technology-to meet exacting requirements for safety, performance and environmental impact.
Our employees take pride in making a difference in people’s lives through the work that we do. We’re looking for people like you to help make it happen.
Be responsible to monitor the financial situations of Guangzhou branch office on finance daily operation including Account Receivables, Account Payables, Procurement and Tax function. Be responsible for Workday system development.Coordinate with all levels of management for Guangzhou financial process improvement including receivables, payments and reimbursements. Support Accounting manager on Capex control, annual budget and forecast.
Reports to: Accounting Manager
Supervise: Cashier, Account Receivables, Account Payables, local Procurement and Taxes in JV Guangzhou Branch
Peers: Other CSA China finance staff
Liaison with local taxation authorities, local banks, other government bodies as requested etc.
- Supervise and improve Account Receivables, Account Payables, Reimbursements and Taxes in JV Guangzhou branch
- Staff size: 3 employees in Guangzhou finance team
- Continuously financial process improvement.
- Good team management skills.
- Good business support for cash management, payments and collection.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Leads finance operation of Guangzhou branch to provide instructions to Account Receivables, Account Payables, Taxes and Cashier in any special cases.
- Leads monthly closing job of Guangzhou branch, submit monthly financial statement on time with accuracy.
- Key user of Workday daily operation system development /optimization for finance needs, master data handling.
- Reviews financial operation performance of Account Receivables, Account Payables, Taxes and Cashier of Guangzhou branch and provides the guidance to finance team.
- Improves the local procurement process and ensures payments timely settled.
- Assists on finance policy updates if needed.
- Assists Accounting manager on yearly budget preparations.
- Assists in external audit and internal audits as well.
- Others tasks assigned by Accounting manager.
Environmental Working Conditions:
- Normal office environment (most of the time)
- Travel to other CSA locations, 1-2 times per year for 2-3 days duration.
- Bachelor degree in Business, Accounting or above.
- CET 6 or equivalent; good at English and Chinese in speaking, reading and writing.
- Intermediate accountant certification at least and other financial qualifications holders.
- Minimum 5 years accounting experience.
- Knowledge of Chinese Accounting and Taxation regulations.
- Computer Proficiency (Word Processing, spreadsheets, project scheduling, power point).
- SAP or other ERP system implementation experience is preferred.
Interpersonal & Communication Skills (Contacts):
- Communication skills – oral & written
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Facilitation Skills
- Project Management Skills
- Process & Documentation Skills
- Ability to effectively and efficiently deal with multiple projects, conflicting timelines and changing priorities
- Problem solving/Analytical Skills
- Advanced financial analysis