At Zebra, we extend the edge of possibility by shaping the future of work on the front line—reinventing how businesses run and moving society forward.
We are a community of changemakers, innovators and doers who come together to deliver a performance edge to the front line of business. We develop new technologies and create new solutions with partners to help organizations act with greater visibility, connectivity, and intelligence—delivering better experiences for workers and those they serve.
Being a part of Zebra means being seen, heard, valued, and respected as you define your path to a fulfilling career. Here, you’ll have opportunities to learn and lead at a leading company, and you can channel your skills towards causes that you and the Zebra community care about, locally, and globally.
Together, we’ve only begun to define the edge of what’s possible—for our people, our customers, and the world.
Build Your Edge. Build What’s Next.
Join a community of changemakers, innovators, and doers.
Analyzes, develops, designs, and maintains software for the organization’s products and systems. Performs system integration of software and hardware to maintain throughput and program consistency. Develops, validates, and tests: structures and user documentation. Work may be reviewed for accuracy and overall adequacy. Follows established processes and directions.
About The Role
- Designs, develops, and tests on a variety of firmware assignments that constitute a portion of a larger project.
- Develops and tests documentation which describes the specific firmware functionality.
- Participates and provides some input in project code reviews.
- Runs software tests designed by more experienced engineers.
- Reviews test results and perform root cause analyses to identify problems
- Provides recommendations and implements solutions to complex issues. Insures compliance with quality process and standards.
- Makes changes to or upgrades existing firmware. Enhances and improves existing technologies to apply to new solutions.
- Makes and implements recommendations to immediate team to enhance performance and improve productivity.
- Seeks out new tools to analyze and solve problems.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to settle appropriate action.
- Receives general instructions on routine work, new projects or assignments.
- May provide guidance to non-exempt personnel.
- Builds productive working relationships internally and externally.
- Primary intra-organizational with occasional inter-organizational and external customer contacts on routine matters.
- Bachelor’s or Masters degree in engineering related field.
- Skilled in Python and automation test for system level product.
Zebra is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to a diverse and expansive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, ancestry, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law.
Zebra’s culture is encouraging and collaborative where employees are encouraged to learn and grow together.
Zebra Benefit Package
We offer competitive pay, bonuses, benefits, career/personal growth and work/life programs to ensure that you are empowered to succeed as a member of the Zebra family!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.