Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill’s global team of 155,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Global Engineering Discipline Director will develop global governance, direction and guidance for the various engineering disciplines related to standards, application gaps, solutions, measurements and training. In this role, you will develop strategies to ensure that plants are built to operate safer, more efficiently and more effectively. You will partner globally across the organization to ensure corporate and regulatory standards for environmental, health and safety and product safety and quality are aligned globally for end to end engineering processes while delivering more efficient and effective global plant operations.
In this role you will manage a team of Engineering Discipline Leads (Electrical, Automation, Instrumentation, Mechanical, Structural, Civil, Architectural, Piping, Equipment)
- Develop, govern and continually improve engineering standards, policies and procedures to ensure global alignment and compliance with regulatory and industry standards to enable efficiency gains with the goal to improve safety, cost and schedule performance in capital build projects and operations.
- Provide strategic leadership to develop corporate wide performance targets and goals governance.
- Assess solution program effectiveness and overall business impact and track performance to goals and provide direction to capital projects for applying engineering best practices to ensure continuous improvement.
- Establish the strategic and tactical vision, direction, long term solutions execution and governance for the various engineering disciplines.
- Collaborate with global environmental health and safety and food safety to ensure functional requirements are integrated in our global standards.
- Collaborate with global strategic sourcing, manufacturing technology and reliability excellence to define the right sourcing strategies for vendor categories and optimize the total cost of ownership.
- Consult and advise on identifying opportunities, appropriate solutions and measurement for performance.
- Other duties as assigned
- Provide strategic leadership, development and talent management activities for direct reports and their organizations, which may include forecasting resource needs, recruiting, hiring, performance management, training and budgeting. You will also collaborate with managers and supervisors in your organization to ensure staff selections align with current and future needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Confirmed experience with technical gap assessment and solution identification to reduce cost and gain efficiency
- Experience in the global application of safety, regulatory and industry code across all engineering disciplines
- Minimum of eight years of related work experience, five years of supervisory experience
- Ability to work across different functions
- Experience of value engineering and know-how to build plants cost effectively
- Build project management experience
- Solid engineering knowledge with the ability to positively influence stakeholders throughout the organization
We provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today:
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill
Cargill is committed to being an inclusive employer. Click here to find out more https://careers.cargill.com/diversity/