At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Research, identify, and analyze ‘tail spend’ suppliers in assigned region within key global categories and collaborate with Global Category leads on supplier segmentation strategy, supplier rationalization; Ensure suppliers are properly vetted and bring spend under management via standard contracts; seek to increase volume of suppliers on catalog and to negotiate rebate and other cost enhancement opportunities.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Develop, implement and measure a commodity specific Strategy that fully meets the needs of our Business Sectors, BU and Corporation (i.e. commodity strategies, supply base development, Global infrastructure, price management etc.)
- Demonstrate expertise in assigned commodities Adhere to Global Commodity infrastructure that supports Jabil’s business and growth plans.
- Lead indirect materials classifications, technical specification analysis and drive standardization efforts
- Develop and execute sourcing strategies to renegotiate with suppliers periodically
- Develop implementation strategy and communication plans
- Identify opportunities for supplier consolidation who can add value in areas of Tail Spend Management
- Develop the supply base to exceed the goals and objectives of Jabil and the supply chain management team
- Ensure the commodity supply base adheres to Jabil standards of Corporate Social Responsibilities including but not limited to Environmental, Ethical, Legislative, and Regulatory requirements
- Market Jabil’s Supply Chain Management expertise both internally and externally
- Negotiate supplier Contracts
- Support analyzing regional market conditions and implement supply chain strategies to assure supply and price competitiveness
- Be a leader in ensuring that Jabil maximizes our purchase leverage for the best total cost of ownership
- Aggressively negotiate absolute best pricing, terms and conditions
- Develop effective relationships with key stakeholders to ensure that Global Indirect Procurement is fully involved with new business opportunities.
- Drive continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management.
- Offer new, innovative, entrepreneurial ideas, practices and processes that drive continuous improvement to Jabil’s supply chain goals and objectives
- Set annual goals and objectives that ensure commodities managed meet and exceed supply chain metric targets
- Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet, and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively; making customer issues a priority.
- Ensure the efficient and timely exchange of knowledge and information within the Jabil Corporation to ensure best practices are shared throughout the Jabil organization.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- In depth knowledge of assigned commodity(s) both technical and commercial
- Contract management and negotiations
- Know the supply base management teams of assigned commodity(s)
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
- Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
- Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
- Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs
Management & Supervisory Responsibilities
- Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: Sr. Sourcing Manager
- Job is NOT directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronic Supply Chain Management or other relevant discipline preferred
- Minimum of two to five (2-5) years experience in Supply Chain/Materials Management experience in a high volume electronics manufacturing environment.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience
- Regular business hours. Some additional hours may be required.
- Travel requirements: Domestic and/or Global, up to 25%
- Climate controlled office environment during normal business hours
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.