Fictiv exists to enable hardware innovators to build better products, faster
Our Digital Manufacturing Ecosystem is transforming how the next rockets, self driving cars, and life-saving robots are designed, developed and delivered to customers around the world. This transformation is made possible through our technology-backed platform, our global network of manufacturing partners, and our people with deep expertise in hardware and software development. In the last 7+ years, we’ve manufactured over 12M parts for early stage companies and large enterprises alike, helping them innovate with agility and get to market faster.
Impact in this Role
Your role as the Head of Program Management will be to manage and to grow the Program Management function at Fictiv in order to ensure that we’re continually delivering custom-fabricated parts and assemblies that meet/exceed our customers’ expectations. At Fictiv, we believe in creating the world’s premier platform for hardware manufacturing, and you’ll be playing a critical role in making that happen.
You will report to the Director, Program Management of Fictiv.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Program Management System Definition & Maintenance – Define, plan, and oversee the development & adoption of the necessary program management systems for current and future service offerings. Work to improve our organization’s efficiency and profitability by reducing waste
- Team Management – Manage activities and set priorities and expectations at the China office and closely involved with activities with international Fictiv offices. Build systems and processes for onboarding, evaluation and career progression of Technical Program Managers
- Opportunity Evaluation – Lead the review of program-level sales opportunities with the cross functional team to ensure all of the necessary requirements are gathered before program kick-off, and align expectations between our customers, internal teams, and manufacturing partners
- Continuous Improvement – Identify areas of improvement and drive those improvements to the responsibilities listed above
- Cross functional leadership – This position works closely with costing, sourcing, supplier management, quality, logistics and finance within, as well as US counterparts.
- Technology development – Fictiv is a fast growing technology-based company and much investment is made in creating internal software tools to help streamline work efficiency. This person will lead in identifying areas for improvement, propose solutions and advocate for their implementation.
Desired Background & Traits
- You are a team-oriented leader and a motivator
- You are a system-level thinker with a penchant for defining process
- You are results-oriented, motivated by flawless program execution & customer satisfaction
- You are meticulous, detail-oriented, and have an inclination for documentation
- You have a history of data-based decision making
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, English and Mandarin.
- Self-starter, manages time efficiently, able to complete work in a timely manner without active supervision
- You are agile and adaptable – can move from operational to tactical and back quickly
- Minimum 10 years of experience in technical program management and team management.
- Previous experience working with a geographically diverse team
- Experience in defining process and systems to successfully execute programs
- Background in operations, working cross functionally with sourcing, quality, logistics, costing and finance departments.
- Experience in being a point of contact for customers.
- S. in Mechanical Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering
- Program Management certification preferred
- Background in working with minimum of two of the following manufacturing processes:
- 3D Printing
- CNC Machining
- Urethane Casting
- Sheet Metal
- Injection Molding
- Metal Die Casting
- Preference experience in CNC or IM
Fictiv is transforming how teams design, develop, and deliver the next generation of hardware products.
Fictiv is a manufacturing platform and the most efficient way to fabricate parts. Powered by a distributed network of highly vetted vendors, Fictiv provides the critical infrastructure teams need to streamline prototyping and accelerate development cycles. The online interface makes it easy for customers to get instant quotes, review manufacturing feedback, and manage orders—all through a single service.
We’re actively seeking potential teammates who can bring diverse perspectives and experience to our culture and company. We believe inclusion is the best way to create a strong, empathetic team. Our belief is that the best team is born from an environment that emphasizes respect, honesty, collaboration, and growth.
We encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups, including but not limited to women, members of the LGBTQ community, people of color, people with disabilities, and veterans.