Huntsman’s Textile Division is now searching for a new Head of R&T, located in Panyu, China. The ideal candidate will be responsible for technical and managerial leadership to support the R&T team. To be successful in this role, you must have the ability to have innovative thinking, analytical thinking, conceptual thinking, using resources and involve in decision making. This role will report to Vice President of R&T.
As The Head R&T, You Will
- Lead the Panyu R&T Team to support the global, Regional, and local business.
- Be the key member of Global R&T leadership team, deliver innovation excellence with global R&T leadership team and drive business growth.
- Primary accountability and ownership for the delivery of current year innovation pipeline, projects delivery, Development of next 3-5-year business relevant technology pipeline, growth levers and productivity initiatives.
- Lead the Development of technology breakthroughs for Textile chemical value chain, Develop blockbuster technology programs.
- Provide technical and managerial leadership to the R&T teams in Panyu.
- Drive EHS & Innovation culture within the team
- Constantly focus on new way to achieve innovative solutions. Anticipate future trends and has options in mind to enable quick actions. Leverage open end innovation, strategic partnerships, consortium, and professional reach to drive innovation.
- Translate complex data into clear objectives and establish practical action plan.
- Proactively engage with business partners, local, regional and global leadership to understand the challenges, opportunities and come up with proactive solutions to drive growth.
- Develop next generation of subject matter experts, technical capabilities.
Skills And Experiences Required
- Minimum of PhD in Chemistry / organic or polymer
- Industrial experience of 15+ years
- 12 + years in R&D and/ or innovation leadership experience.
- Experience in textile chemical organisations (desirable)
- Strong experience in new products development with stage-gate management
- Min 3 yrs. mid-level leadership and 7 yrs. with people management experience
- Proven track record of successfully launching B2B technology products with geographically distributed teams in multi-cultural environment from concept to commercialization.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to work and track multiple projects. Must be a catalyst of change.
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and strategically when implementing products and solving problems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively, with both technical and non-technical individuals and in an international context with collaborations in multiple geographies.
- Understanding of DOE processes
- Experienced in establishing statistical process improvement, method development, data crunching using six sigma methodology etc.
- Must be able to coordinate and drive programs at global level.
- Strong troubleshooting and networking skills.
- Strong computer skills to extract, evaluate data, and make sound technical decisions.
- Decisive. Willing to make decisions with available information.
- Has safety/ health and environmental as a value.
- Travel to global and local locations when required to pursue job accountabilities.
- External engagement with customers
Huntsman offers unsurpassed opportunities to build a successful future. Our diverse portfolio creates a range of career fields including manufacturing, research and development, technical services, sales and marketing, customer service – and the list goes on.
Here, you can make an impact and make a difference. Come join us.
Huntsman is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all qualified applicants for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identification, sexual orientation and/or expression or any other characteristic protected by law in every location in which we have facilities national or local.
Please refer to https://www.huntsman.com/privacy/online-privacy-notice for Company’s Data Privacy and Protection information.
All unsolicited resumes presented by recruitment agencies are treated as pro bono information or service.
Huntsman is aware of a scam involving fraudulent job offers. Huntsman does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview. Please be advised that emails from Huntsman always end in “@huntsman.com” and that any job offer that requires payment or requires you to deposit a check is likely a scam. If you have questions about any open positions at Huntsman, please visit our Careers website at http://www.huntsman.com/corporate/a/Careers.