Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm’s employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 747 offices in 42 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career – a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
One of the largest divisions in the Firm, Operations is the first line of defense for Morgan Stanley’s financial and reputational well-being and essential in delivering value. Operations is responsible for correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating operational risk, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and Automation. Operations has a premier team of creative and dedicated professionals, with a unique vantage point interacting with all parts of the business. The Operations Senior Management team is passionate about our people development and providing top-notch employee opportunities through an inclusive, forward-looking environment defined by open communication, collaboration, learning and dedicated career management.
Institutional Securities Group Product Operations
Institutional Securities Group Product Operations (ISGPO) partners closely with Sales & Trading and our Clients to process daily activities, develop and implement new products and services, as well as drive efficiency and reduce risk in our processes.
Financing & Collateral Operations
Financing & Collateral Operations is the global support organization for Bank Resource Management (BRM). Businesses supported include Securities Lending, Firm & Client Financing and the Collateral Management process for OTC Derivatives.
Role Description & Responsibilities
- You will be a part of Hong Kong Financing & Collateral Operations (FCO), comprising of Collateral Management and Indications, including Margin Processing; Financing Operations is comprised of Trade Capture, Lifecycle Management, Exposure Management and Collateral Optimization of Securities Financing & Securities Lending Transactions.
- You will report to the Head of Hong Kong FCO and play a key role in the team to ensure successful delivery of the business strategy in the region and the Business needs and priorities.
- You will closely engage with the key business stakeholders, the ISG Hong Kong Bank Resource Management, as well as Fixed Income and Institutional Equities Departments that conduct business in the region, as well as internal business partner departments that the team collaborates with.
- Your daily responsibilities include the management and oversight of the multiple operations’ functions that support the securities financing products, primarily repo and securities lending.
- You will be managing a broad portfolio of change initiatives, in support of regulatory mandates, business enablement and process improvement.
- You will be responsible for management of the following risk categories, in close partnership and guidance of the Head of Hong Kong FCO
- Process Risk: through adherence with relevant policies and procedures, process re-engineering and monitoring of key performance and risk indicators
- People Risk: Workload management, training and talent retention, management of metrics pertaining to capacity and proficiency
- Technology and Security Risk: thorough review of technology plant stability, turnover process management and focus on entitlements, segregation of duties and general data protection
- Regulatory Risk: through control of regulatory reporting, management of regulatory communications and review of current regulation to ensure continued compliance
- Supplier Management Risk: provide appropriate oversight of vendors and outsource providers
- Business Continuity Risk: through appropriate planning and effective management of issues as they arise
- Upcoming Regulatory Change Risk: through review of upcoming regulatory requirements and effective delivery of compliance programs
Skills that You Bring
- Proven track record of managing multi-functional, operational teams with complex and often competing deliverables
- Knowledge and experience with securities financing transactions, (SFTs), primarily bilateral and triparty repo and stock loan
- Excellence in multi-faceted, multi-level communication style and language / pitch
- Strong people management skills. Experience in driving of staff progression and development
- Skilled at stakeholder engagement, including internal Business partners, External Clients and IT partners
- Conscientious, for example, in seeing issues to a thorough conclusion and to the satisfaction of all parties
- Collaboration and teamwork skills and experience, including strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent client service and communication skills and the ability to interact with colleagues at all levels
- Prioritization and time management skills
- Problem solving through initiative and tenacity and ability to multi-task and grasp new concepts quickly
- Ability to work under pressure and achieve results, whilst maintaining a professional, friendly and client focused approach
- Self-motivated and resilient
- Demonstrated change agent capabilityYou are able to handle multiple work streams and prioritize effectively.
Diversity and Inclusion
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong dedication to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Aug 31, 2021
Non-Japan Asia-Hong Kong-Hong Kong-Hong Kong