is the leading global Design & Consultancy firm for natural and built assets
. Applying our deep market sector insights and collective design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services we work in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes throughout the lifecycle of their natural and built assets.
We are 27,000 people active in over 70 countries that generate more than €3.4 billion in revenues. Within Asia we can call upon the skills and resource of over 4000 professionals based throughout the region. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world. Arcadis. Improving quality of life.
Main Purpose of the Job
The role is to provide a focal point in the HSE matters, visibly stewards HSE, and to assist the HSE Regional Director and other HSE Managers in suitably discharging their HSE responsibilities. The role is a fulltime position working 40 hours a week on HSE related matters for Arcadis Greater China (including Mainland China, Hong Kong and Macau operations).
- Co-ordinate local HSE activities and communication, including Regional priorities and Global H&S Day
- Conduct regular project safety inspections on behalf or Arcadis and its clients, as well as provide in-Country legal and operational delivery advice to clients
- Drive safety culture and performance amongst both leadership and staff.
- Undertake billable hours work and HSE site inspections in support of C&CM, PM and Water/Environment departments. A yearly goal for billable hours and the number of site inspections will be set.
- Set a personal example regarding HSE stewardship demonstrating to colleagues and clients that HSE excellence is an integral element of good business
- Provide technical advice and guidance on matters related to HSE management in support of Arcadis’ obligation to discharge its statutory obligations
- Lead in the identification of HSE risks and associated control measures, including supporting line management in completion of HSE planning and associated control measures in accordance with Arcadis Policy requirements, current HSE legislation and industry best practice
- Lead in establishing and maintaining first-aid, fire evacuation and emergency procedures, etc. at in all operating locations
- Assist the Great China Leadership Team in delivering HSE objectives, targets and management action plans
- Provide specialist support to bid management teams in relation to HSE
- Provide support in the delivery of internal training courses, including induction processes, or assisting in sourcing appropriate external training to meet the requirements of the core HSE training matrix
- Liaise with the regulatory authorities and other external interested parties, as appropriate (including the statutory reporting of incidents if applicable)
- Promote a culture of incident reporting, ensuring all incidents are reported promptly, escalated as appropriate, and actively support incident investigations and sharing lessons learnt
- Provide timely information for the recording and monitoring of non-conformances arising from incident reports, inspections and audit findings, and any other initiating event, and actively support in the timely closure of associated corrective and preventative actions
- Provide timely information on safety performance (including incident analysis, inspections and audit information), and provide monthly HSE reports to Regional HSE Director and Greater China Management
- Maintain and coordinate ISO certification (incl. ISO 9001 & 14001 & 45001) processes
- Chair a formal documented review with the Greater China Leadership Team (and others as appropriate) at least annually to review HSE performance
- Collaborate with Quality and Sustainability teams, as part of the regional HSEQ team
Job Requirements & Person Specification
- 注册安全工程师 Certified Safety Engineer
- Fluent written and spoken both Chinese and English
- Knowledge of OHSAS and ISO standards
- Ability to build relationships and positively influence others
- Energy and motivation, with natural drive and excellent communication skills
- Tenacity to ask questions, listen, define problems and formulate solutions
- Be passionate about HSE performance improvement and delivering world-class results
- Ability to multi-task, maintain flexibility, travel in-Country, and work independently
- Experience of projects/construction/H&S within Asia region (5 year+)
- Strong knowledge of national, international and construction industry health & safety standards
- Personal – High level of professionalism, organised, reliable, flexible, personable, enthusiastic, with a positive attitude to work, confidence, and desire to be a strong team player
- 安全员C证 Construction safety officer C certificate