Markit EDM are currently looking for an Implementation Consultant Principal to join the team and play a key role in implementing Markit EDM systems in Hong Kong and across Asia. Working on client sites on projects typically 3-4 months in duration, the Implementation Consultant will be instrumental in delivering Markit enterprise data management and warehouse solutions to our Asia Pacific client base. The position would be based out of our office in Hong Kong..
Duties & Accountabilities
We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic individual to join the team and undertake a number of responsibilities including but not exhaustive to:
- Work closely with clients to understand their data and workflows across a spectrum of financial products (Equities, Indices, Reference Data, etc.)
- Maintain up-to-date awareness and understanding of the product and new system functionalities in developing client solutions;
- Partner with clients and where appropriate, taking the lead, to ensure successful and timely implementation of Markit products; Analyse data and offer suggestions around best practices to increase client’s success in adopting the product;
- Own mapping of data templates in order to ensure essential client data flow into the enter[rise data management and investment management reporting warehouse;
- Troubleshoot data mapping and data flow discrepancies from diverse sources (custodians) and customer legacy applications;
- Provide coaching and training to clients to enable transfer of knowledge so that upon project completion clients are fully competent and utilising the product as planned;
- Understand the commercial implications and provide customer feedback to product managers for continuous improvement;
- Communication with various client and internal stakeholders through-out the implementation project lifecycle, escalating issues where appropriate;
- Work alongside client team members from across a range of role (Project Management, Business Analysis, Development, End Business Users, etc.), balancing differing objectives and providing influence where needed;
- Lead business handover meetings to ensure EDM Support group have a thorough understanding of the implementation to enable quality on-going support to client post implementation
Education and experience
- BS in Computer Science / Computer Engineering / Finance with 6-8 years’ solution design / development experience
- Solid understanding of financial markets products, a broad understanding of the investment bank process, middle-office systems and operations, and associated data management needs
- 3-4 years of Markit EDM implementation / Support experience preferred
- Understand the Project Management concepts and be comfortable with Agile delivery model
- Business analysis / Consulting experience is preferred
- Good level of technical skills – intermediate level SQL / Access preferred
- Strong knowledge of technology as it applies to source data connectivity and systems support
- External/Internal stakeholder management experience
An interest in the financial world and EDM technology associated with it
Time management and organisational skills
- Proven experience of knowing what it takes to provide a consistently first-class customer service whilst delivering value added solutions to address customer needs
- Track record of identifying and analysing problems, identifying and evaluating options, deploying sound decision making skills
- Able to organise self, including effective scheduling, prioritisation and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks in parallel, completing tasks to tight deadlines.
- Displays a resilient and adaptable style, track record of remaining calm in demanding circumstances, adjusting comfortably to changing conditions / priorities
- The role would suit highly driven self-starters with a strong desire to challenge and deliver
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Mandarin or Cantonese and a confident and articulate presenter to internal / external audiences
- Ability to build effective working relationships and establish credibility amongst a wide and sometimes demanding client group
- Strong team player and able to work independently as required.
- Comfortable taking ownership for work, identifying the need for action whilst working effectively within a team
- Be able to lead and influence others
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For Information Please Click On The Following Links
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.