The IT Customer Service team are responsible for providing first and second line IT support for approved services and systems. The role provides phone-based and on-site IT support. The team work in a roster format, with one week on the service desk and the second providing on-site support. On-site support is provided wherever Mayer Brown has a presence in Hong Kong.
We are responsible for trying to resolve incidents at the first point of contact, and escalate when we are unable to do so. We also manage and escalate requests and contribute to the successful deployment/upgrade of IT services and systems, and understand and support the overall IT strategy.
- Communicate effectively with our users.
- Be friendly and patient and have the ability to develop a rapport with users over the phone and in person.
- Attempt to resolve incidents and requests at the first point of contact.
- Update tickets in accordance with local, regional and global standards and processes.
- Work under minimal supervision.
- Configure and troubleshoot laptops, desktop PCs, and peripheral equipment.
- As a team maintain an asset inventory of laptops, desktops, smartphones and peripherals.
- Provide support for audio visual/video conference/webinar events and remote conference tools.
- Handle service activities related to new starters and leavers.
- Provide support to other IT teams by testing new software packages and upgrades to existing applications.
- Act as a technology resource to the Firm for industry trends, technology implementations (hardware and software) and change management issues.
- Effectively and proactively identify and communicate operations and business risks to IT and firm management.
- Other duties and projects as required.
- Occasional travel required to regional offices to assist with local IT support.
- Encourage team members to provide continuous feedback to each other and share information openly.
- Challenge the status quo.
Qualifications / Person Specification
- Professional certification and/or experience (e.g. MCDST qualification) preferred
- A+ Certification preferred
- 3-5 years’ experience as a service desk and or desktop support analyst in a professional services environment.
- Knowledge of the ITIL environment and processes essential.
- Knowledge of Win10 and all related problems with OS, error logs and troubleshooting
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office 2016 in addition to other relevant legal applications (time recording systems, metadata management systems, PDF converters, media players, document encryption and compression tools).
- Good understanding of Active Directory Users & Computers and its associated membership groups, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP & VPN as it relates to desktop support activities.
- Strong desktop PC, laptop, printer and iPhone hardware support and maintenance knowledge including imaging, parts replacement and configuring PCs to Firm standards for rollout to users.
- Good knowledge of latest smartphone devices (hardware and OS) and the way they are set up and configured.
- Law firm experience preferred.
- Knowledge of document management systems and e-filing processes is a bonus.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English, and Cantonese, Mandarin is a bonus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Information provided will be treated in strict confidence and only be used for recruitment-related purposes.
At Mayer Brown, we understand that our people are our greatest asset. Attractive salary, fringe benefits and excellent career development opportunities will be offered to the right candidates.
Personal Data Privacy Information
* Mayer Brown is a global services provider comprising associated legal practices that are separate entities, including Mayer Brown LLP (Illinois, USA), Mayer Brown International LLP (England), Mayer Brown (a Hong Kong partnership) and Tauil & Chequer Advogados (a Brazilian law partnership) (collectively the “Mayer Brown Practices”) and non-legal service providers, which provide consultancy services (the “Mayer Brown Consultancies”). The Mayer Brown Practices and Mayer Brown Consultancies are established in various jurisdictions and may be a legal person or a partnership. Details of the individual Mayer Brown Practices and Mayer Brown Consultancies can be found in the Legal Notices section of our website.