AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Manager, Area Site Management
US Job Codes
The Manager, Area Site Management reports into the Area Head, Area Site Management and is responsible for management, resourcing, training and oversight of ASMLs located in their assigned Area. They will liaise with other Area Managers, Site Management Leads to ensure consistency in ASML processes and training.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage resourcing, hiring, performance reviews and talent development for designated ASML staff
- Lead onboarding and ongoing training for ASMLs.
- Development of training curriculum and job aid materials for ASML group.
- Conduct ASML teleconferences and ensure appropriate dissemination of information.
- Ensure consistency of customer service and ensure alignment and standardization of process with other Area Manager, ASML areas.
- Ensure assigned ASMLs are attaining expected timelines and performance metrics as well as ASML maintenance of CSM portions of study portals and tracking/trending.
- Act as a sounding board for ASMLs for challenges and opportunities on their studies.
- Partnering with COMs and CCOMs in the area to facilitate cross-functional communication and collaboration.
- Proactively communicate and escalate issues, risks and mitigation plans to Area Head, ASML and CCOM/COM as appropriate.
- Champions and ensures the use of critical thinking, root cause analysis and Adaptiv risk-based quality mindset.
- Drive a learning environment and process improvement, best practice sharing, and lessons learned within ASML / Area Team.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and contribute to ongoing process improvement initiatives within the area.
- Maintain knowledge of ICH/GCP, regulatory requirements, AbbVie SOPs, therapeutic area (protocol, amendments). strategy, and delivering on global monitoring execution plans.
- Bachelors or equivalent degree required, degree in health care or scientific field preferred
- Minimum 10 years of Pharma‐related/ clinical research related experience.
- Minimum of 2 years applicable work experience in clinical research demonstrating a high level of core, technical, and leadership competencies through driving strategy. Prior direct line management of staff preferred.
- Proven leadership skills in a team environment with experience in managing teams and an ability to influence and align stakeholders, and be a model and driver of AbbVie’s leadership attributes.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills to evaluate complex issues from multiple perspectives and drive smart decision making. Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with influence and with clarity, flexibility and adaptability to changing requirements, resourcefulness and creativity.
- Demonstration of successful coaching, mentoring, and talent management.
- Expertise in drug development, operations, strategic and tactical planning and resource planning.
- Demonstration of success in a fast‐paced environment managing multiple priorities.
- Clinical Site Management (CSM), including the Contract Management Group
- Clinical Program Development (CPD)
- Strategic Clinical Operations
- Global Medical Affairs (GMA)
- Therapeutic Area Medical Directors (TA MDs)
JAPAC: Japan, China, Australia, Taiwan, South Korea
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.