Responsible for the successful management and profitability of a food and beverage outlet.
- Follow all applicable personnel policies and procedures when taking necessary action with regards to personnel.
- Prepare work schedules and submit by-weekly payroll.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Maintain effective flow of communication within the department.
- Handle and relay all guest compliments/complaints to the appropriate leader.
- Monitor guest comments as they relate to the outlet and provide correction as necessary.
- Develop new and maintain repeat business through effective guest relations.
- Ensure accurate record keeping including, but not limited to, food and beverage sales by meal period vs. forecast and other data as necessary.
- Communicate with guests and make recommendations for menu and beverage selection.
- Ensure that the outlet operation runs smoothly and effectively in accordance to the operational criteria of the property.
- Ensure that the outlet is profitable in accordance with predetermined operational budgets.
- Ensure that guests receive the utmost in quality of product and service.
- Maintain compliance with government regulations pertaining to food service.
- Reduce the possibilities of substandard service and guest complaints.
- Manage the development of junior personnel in both hospitality and business skills.
- All other duties as required.
- Experience: Minimum five years experience as Restaurant Manager or Assistant Manager in a luxury or ultra-luxury hotel or restaurant.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in hospitality, hotel management, business or a relevant field of work, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- General Skills: Must be able to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy; prioritize, organize and follow-up; be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment; follow directions thoroughly; understand a guest’s service needs; work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team; work with minimal supervision; maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data. Must be skilled in the areas of social and business etiquette.
- Technical Skills: Demonstrated project management experience in organizing, planning and executing large-scale projects from conception through implementation; demonstrated experience in leading and developing people; strong verbal and written communication skills for the purpose of presenting and discussing technical information to establish rapport and/or influence and gain understanding of others; knowledge of hotel/resort operations management to include quality, operations, and marketing/sales principles; knowledge of and experience with luxury/ultra-luxury market niche required; demonstrated knowledge of hospitality systems and software; understanding of hospitality industry trends, performance metrics and verbiage; and, solid understanding of financial analysis (profit/loss, cash flow, etc.) in order to drive revenue and make decisions affecting the finances of the business.
- Language: Required to speak, read and write English, with fluency in other languages preferred.
- Physical Requirements: Must be able to exert physical effort in transporting reasonable pounds, endure various physical movements throughout the work areas, reach up and down, remain stationary at times throughout work periods, and satisfactorily communicate with guests and co-workers to their understanding.