Some Careers Have More Impact Than Others.
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you’ll be.
HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organisations in the world, with operations in 64 countries and territories. We aim to be where the growth is, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and, ultimately, helping people to fulfil their hopes and realise their ambitions.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team in the role of Manager, Chief Control Office, Markets & Securities Services (MSS) Technology.
The primary objectives of the role are to:
- Understand the health of the relevant MSS IT and wider Group Technology controls and actively participate in risk management processes including relationships with senior stakeholders across Technology, Business COO, 2nd (Risk Stewards) and 3rd (Internal Audit) Lines of Defence functions
- Partner with the MSS IT management team to create effective design, analysis and remediation of control measures
- Provide risk and controls consultancy, advice and guidance to the MSS regional team
- Prepare the IT control owners for and support the execution of GCCO control assurance testing
- Lead the application and critique of the MSS Technology risk and controls framework for key areas (Wholesale Uk and Europe Technology function)
- Ensure the appropriate application of policies control standards and procedures
- Advocate the desired behavioural changes across the CIO community required to mature the understanding and management of technology risk controls
- Participate in strategic control framework workstreams.
- Active collaboration with other CCO Tech teams
- Understand how IT controls and relate to business risk, and how control remediation mitigates residual risks for MSS
- Demonstrate a high degree of knowledge across the following frameworks and methodologies covering IT Risk (risk assessment, control frameworks and KCI’s, Issue/Action management), Software Development Lifecycle (Agile, DevOps, Business Transformation Framework, Project Management), and IT Service Management.
- Knowledge and experience within MSS (products, services, infrastructure) helpful but not required.
- Ability to drill down to root cause and write/review clearly articulated risk documentation
- Able to analyze complex situations, influence strategies with practical, effective solutions
- Understanding of application and technology control design e.g. SOX testing, payments security, PCI etc
Due to the urgent hiring need, candidates with immediate right to work locally and no relocation need will be prioritised.
The chosen candidate for this role will be required to undergo enhanced vetting. Subject to local laws, this will require the individual to satisfactorily pass a series of additional checks as part of the recruitment process and on an ongoing basis, if appointed to the role. HSBC Group reserves its position with regard to any steps which it may take in relation to any material adverse findings which arise either when the checks are originally completed, and/or if relevant, on an ongoing basis. For more information about the enhanced vetting for this role please contact the recruiter for this role.
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and, opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified persons irrespective of, but not limited to, their gender or genetic information, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, social status, medical care leave requirements, political affiliation, people with disabilities, color, national origin, veteran status, etc., We consider all applications based on merit and suitability to the role.”
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
***Issued By HSBC Electronic Data Processing (India) Private LTD***
Job Field: Technology
Primary Location: Asia Pacific-China-Guangdong-Guangzhou
Type of Vacancy: Global vacancy
Job Posting: 18-Aug-2021, 04:04:49