Job Reference #
Do you have a good understanding of risk? Do you have sharp analytical skills?
We are looking for someone like that to:
- execute routine periodic manual controls in line with the Global MS&C Minimum Control Standards (GMMCS) framework and local regulatory requirements where applicable
- review relevant data, assess risk and agree the review scope with relevant stakeholders
- identify risks and constructively challenge risks and controls
- follow-up and validate control results, liaise and communicate those with key stakeholders and subject matter experts
- prepare insightful and meaningful control review reports
Diversity helps us grow, together. That’s why we are committed to fostering and advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion. It strengthens our business and brings value to our clients.
You’ll be working in the Monitoring Surveillance & Controls (MS&C) team in Singapore or Hong Kong. Monitoring Surveillance & Controls (MS&C) part of Compliance & Operational Risk Control (C&ORC), monitors business activities across Wealth Management (WM), Investment Bank (IB) and Asset Management (AM) in relation to compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and policies including Cross-border Activities, Investment Suitability, Know Your Customer (KYC), Conflicts of Interest, Sanctions, amongst others. MS&C works in close cooperation with other C&ORC teams, including Financial Crime, Employee Conduct, Conduct Risk and Legal. The coordination and alignment of all control activities is a core responsibility of the MS&C Teams. The MS&C Teams are expected to carry out a comprehensive risk based assessment to determine the appropriate control areas and the sampling and review methodology. Where applicable, the assessment should reflect the Global MS&C Minimum Control Standards (GMMCS), local standards (where applicable), business practices, and regulatory expectations. The measures of success for MS&C are: No key risks remain uncontrolled, the approach is fully aligned with activities of other control functions, controls were executed in a timely manner and comprehensively documented/reported, stakeholders were engaged appropriately, follow-up actions were duly tracked and closed and change management actions duly initiated.
- 2+ relevant years of experience in internal controls, risk management, compliance, internal or external audit
- Proficient in data analytics or business intelligence tools
- A self motivator who is keen to identify risks and constructively challenge risks and controls
- Ability to work independently and effectively with others, be prepared to take a supportive role where required, assist others at short notice and be part of a small close-knit team
- Ability to communicate risks, controls and proposed operational solutions in an effective way to audiences of all levels of seniority
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That’s what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We’re a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.