Job Reference #
Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Are you driven to work in the second line of defence for a top international financial institution? In the Operational Risk Control team at UBS Investment Bank you’ll be responsible for working with our business to identify and mitigate potential risks to UBS. You will perform second line of defence activities in accordance with the Operational Risk Framework and challenge operational risks in the Investment Bank, with a focus on Global Markets. To do this you will:
- participate in the business divisional risk assessment and reporting process, monitor and escalate where residual risk exceeds risk appetite;
- provide insight into the business division’s risk profile and, where applicable, include holistic and systemic root cause analysis;
- review and challenge:
- proposals for the control, mitigation and remediation of operational risk issues;
- key procedural controls assessments;
- internal operational risk/loss/gain events
- lead challenge sessions in order to provide second line challenge to first line businesses;
- perform risk assessments, perform thematic reviews and external event impact analyses and look across reports;
- provide internal training;
- provide business divisional management with controls, tools, training, information and insights required to perform their operational risk management and supervisory responsibilities.
Diversity helps us grow, together. That’s why we are committed to fostering and advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion. It strengthens our business and brings value to our clients.
You will work in the Compliance and Operational Risk (C&ORC) team in Hong Kong reporting to the Operational Risk Lead – IB C&ORC APAC. You will also work closely with counterpart teams globally in EMEA and the Americas as well as Compliance subject matter experts globally. This is a dynamic, driven and diverse team of professionals, responsible for providing independent oversight and control in managing the consequential risks arising from UBS’ business activities.
Minimum of 10 years relevant operational risk experience with a financial institution, regulatory agency or major consulting firm – Global Markets operational risk experience is a must and electronic trading experience an advantage.
- Good knowledge and understanding of both products and services, and of issues / challenges facing a Global Markets business.
- Strong strategic, judgement and integrative thinking skills, good risk management knowledge, as well as good organizational, communication and influencing skills.
- Self-starter and strong team player, with demonstrated success in working on projects, initiatives and independent reviews.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with knowledge of and proficiency in the use of systems and technology and the ability to translate technical terms into plain English.
- Proven ability to perform analytical review of data and translate into meaningful assessments.
- Creative approach to problem solving & challenging existing processes to drive improvements.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That’s what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We’re a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
Your Career Comeback
We are open to applications from career returners. Find out more about our program on ubs.com/careercomeback.