As part of the continued growth and innovation of our global Sustainability & Climate Change practice, ERM has an opportunity for an experienced leader to join our global consulting firm as a Partner in one of our Mainland China offices, and become a true owner and shareholder in a business with Sustainability at its heart.
We are looking for both established and emerging leaders who are interested in being part of this thriving global community – outstanding professionals who combine strong consulting and business development skills with a strong technical foundation – to foster and expand a network of excellent client relationships. We seek individuals to help us drive the continued growth of ERM’s business through selling and delivering world-class services, recruiting and developing our next generation of leaders, and further advancing our reputation for Sustainability and Climate Change solutions. We are particularly looking for individuals with a solid understanding of the policy drivers for Sustainability and Climate Change services for Chinese corporates as they respond to emerging policies and regulations that underpin China’s Commitments to the 2015 Paris Agreement, including those of the upcoming 14th Five Year Plan.
Low Carbon Economy Transition (LCET)
Low Carbon Economy Transition Focus Areas For Asia Pacific Are
Climate change is dramatically shifting how business is done. Investors underscore the urgency, demanding that boardrooms address climate risk transparency and business resilience, at a minimum. As the transition to a low carbon economy accelerates, a breadth of stakeholders are pressing companies to raise their standards on how to reduce their impact, mitigate risks, and seize market opportunities.
- Climate Change Advisory – helping our clients with decarbonisation strategy, physical and transitional climate change, emissions measurement and reporting.
- New Energy – large scale renewable energy infrastructure, including on and off shore wind, hydrogen, solar, battery, W2E and T&D interconnectors.
- Gas Transition -finding, capture, production, distribution or storage of Natural Gas, LNG and/or LPG, as natural gas or LNG is a transition fuel, as economies wean themselves off more carbon intensive fuels.
- Carbon Intensive Asset Retirement – closure of industrial assets that are fuelled by fossil fuel or otherwise impacted by a transition to a low carbon economy.
Our Partnership Model Offers Unparalleled Opportunities For Leaders With Ambition, Vision And Proven Expertise, Providing
This is a Partner-level opportunity for a professional looking to further their career with an equity stake in a global environmental leader that aims to lead the field in sustainability consulting. A career as an ERM Partner is unique.
- The opportunity to contribute significantly to key decisions, including the overall strategic direction of our organization.
- Meaningful equity ownership with significant financial and intangible rewards.
- The ability to provide “thought leadership” on a wide range of technical and business issues impacting our core markets.
- An extension of ERM’s market position and reach with your established relationships to further drive our growth.
The primary focus of the role is on client account development, sales, and delivery of the full spectrum of ERM’s Sustainability and Climate Change consulting services to deliver strategic value to our clients. In particular:
- Climate change abatement, adaptation and advisory
- Climate Change Risk Assessments- Physical and Transitional, in line with TCFD Reporting requirements
- Carbon accounting and abatement
- Environmental & Social Governance Frameworks
- Sustainability Reporting
- Actively develop commercial strategies to pursue and win new business opportunities that results in significant revenue growth with target clients aligned with ERM’s global strategy.
- Provide business value selling at the top levels of client organizations, raising the profile of ERM’s capabilities within key client organizations, to identify and shape clients’ needs for ERM services.
- Develop new client relationships and expand existing relationships by delivering strategic consulting advice, excellent value, and quality service.
- Maintain pulse on industry business cycles and prioritize sales efforts toward high-potential, top opportunities.
- Manage capture efforts utilizing technical understanding to develop proposals, including written content, pricing, and presentations.
- Build, grow, and manage a high-performance team, serving as a leader and mentor to consultants. Identify emerging talent and work with them to reach their full potential; ensure rising stars are nurtured, developed and given new areas of responsibility.
- Support the growth and development of ERM’s global Sustainability & Climate Change service area and actively collaborate with colleagues across the globe. Drive innovation within the service area to stay ahead of client needs and to differentiate ERM in the market.
- Work in a collaborative, cross-functional team environment to build ERM’s global business, as well as to lead client and technical teams.
- Meet business financial targets, overall project budget and schedule, client satisfaction/expectations, and internal and contract requirements.
- Post-graduate degree in environmental engineering or related discipline.
- 12+ years’ experience in a consulting environment.
- Understanding of the policy drivers for Sustainability and Climate Change services, eg 14th Five Year Plan and enabling policies.
- Business acumen to understand business risk and challenges, and recognize corporate opportunities.
- Demonstrable track record in delivering multi-million dollar sales results annually, including successfully winning large and strategic projects.
- Offer recognized technical expertise and an established reputation in the local marketplace.
Who We Are
As the world’s leading sustainability consulting firm, ERM is uniquely positioned to contribute to the environment and society through the expertise and energy of our employees worldwide. Sustainability is what we do, and is at the heart of both our service offerings and how we operate our business. For our people, our vision means attracting, inspiring, developing and rewarding our people to work with the best clients and on the biggest challenges, thus creating valuable careers. We achieve our vision in a sustainable manner by maintaining and living our ERM values that include Accountability, Caring for our People, Client Focus, Collaboration, Empowerment, and Transparency.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status or disability status.
Thank you for your interest in ERM.