Independently evaluates and pursues new business opportunities and client prospects, focusing on responsible business growth that is compliant, of acceptable risk and profitable. Serves in a consultative role to prospects, advising top leadership on the best way to achieve their short- and long- term strategic objectives through the firm’s solutions. Pursues small to moderate emerging institutional prospects with high-growth potential, increased complexity of strategic needs and a longer pursuit process. May also pursue advantageous strategic partnerships with third parties in order to better respond to prospects’ needs. For some areas of the Bank, may be responsible for achieving organic incremental growth from existing clients.
- Locates potential prospects through in-depth industry research and an understanding of the market environment, including short- and long-term trends, competitor offerings, regulatory developments etc. Incumbents are highly experienced in independently developing leads and initiating contact with prospects. Prospect contacts are usually institutional leadership.
- Screens and evaluates prospects by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, growth potential, financials and internal firm priorities. Assists lower level peers with complex analyses when needed.
- Consults with prospects on their strategic vision and uses an in-depth understanding of the firm’s solutions and value proposition to help achieve that vision. May offer customized product offerings. Develops a negotiation strategy and position to align prospect needs to firm offerings.
- Closes new prospects by structuring deals (pricing, contract terms, etc.) that achieve optimal terms for both the client and the firm. Ensures deals are compliant with all regulations. Marshals firm-wide resources (marketing, legal, compliance, etc.) to ensure the most appropriate response to prospect proposals and deal structure
- Works closely with related teams (RMs, AMs, CSD) and other firm-wide resources (marketing, legal, compliance, etc.) to ensure all risk management/compliance activities relevant to business development activities are conducted and captured.
- Tracks and reports on business development results for assigned area (geographic, business/industry category, product category, etc.) Builds reports for use by senior leaders that identifies trends, opportunities, potential areas of concern, etc.
- Provides guidance to less experienced Business Development roles as needed.
- Responsible for business development within assigned area (geographic territory, product category, business/industry category/segment, etc.). Typically pursues emerging, moderately-sized prospects with increasingly complex needs. For some areas of the Bank, may be responsible for achieving organic incremental growth from existing clients.
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Advanced/graduate degree preferred.
- 8-12 years of total work experience preferred.
- Financial Services experience with a particular client type or product (Fund, Hedge, Pension, etc.) preferred as is prior experience in a related customer-facing role, Sales Support, Global Capital Markets or Product Management.
- Applicable local/regional licenses or certifications as required by the business.
- A good understanding of the relevant marketplace, competitive landscape and industry drivers in the relevant region is preferred.
- As global firm, bi-lingual capabilities are helpful as is an understanding of local/cultural nuances important for client trust. Cantonese and Mandarin are preffered.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
Primary Location: Hong Kong-Hong Kong-Hong Kong
Job: Asset Servicing
Internal Jobcode: 70021
Organization: Asset Servicing Admin Groups-HR08979
Requisition Number: 2109837