The Kraft Heinz Company is one of the largest food and beverage companies in the world, with eight $1 billion+ brands and global sales of approximately $25 billion. We’re a globally trusted producer of high-quality, great-tasting, and nutritious foods for over 150 years. Our brands are truly global, with products produced and marketed in over 40 countries. These beloved products include condiments and sauces, cheese and dairy, meals, meats, refreshment beverages, coffee, infant and nutrition products, and numerous other grocery products in a portfolio of more than 200 legacy and emerging brands.
No matter the brand, we’re united under one vision To sustainably grow by delighting more consumers globally. Bringing this vision to life is our team of 39,000+ food lovers, creative thinkers, and high performers worldwide. Together, we help provide meals to those in need through our global partnership with Rise Against Hunger. We also stand committed to responsible, sustainable practices that extend to every facet of our business, our consumers, and our communities. Every day, we’re transforming the food industry with bold thinking and unprecedented results. If you share our passion – and are ready to create the future, build a legacy, and lead as a global citizen – there’s only one thing to do join our table and let’s make life delicious!
Our Culture of Ownership, Meritocracy and Collaboration
We’re not afraid to think differently. Embrace new ideas. Dream big. We empower our people at every level – from entry-level intern to senior leader – to own their work. We share a responsibility to think like Owners – to be mindful of the collective and sustained success of Kraft Heinz – which we apply to every situation, every day.
As part of Kraft Heinz, you’re supported to grow and achieve. You’re expected to bring your authentic self to work every day, to lead with humility, and drive outstanding performance at every level – and you’ll be rewarded. You’re given opportunities to leave a mark and build a legacy. But you won’t do it alone. You’re supported by passionate teammates along the way, and our collective, collaborative spirit fuels our incredible progress.
Description & Requirements
Overall Purpose of Position
- To ensure that all Scientific matters are managed effectively. This role includes all thermal processing- microbiological- laboratory requirements for China.
- To set a FSQ science agenda that supports on-going and future due diligence needs;
- To develop and implement strategies and good practices in food safety risk assessment and scientific services
- To determine potential food safety risk in the NPD and related projects with technical solution proposal
- To determine good practices- approaches and ways of working for Science and implement these appropriately both Globally and Locally
- To determine the best practice of the laboratory management for the region and provide analytical support to all factory laboratories.
- To determine the analytical capability development plan against business and industry requirements for the region
- Manage ISM/IPM compliance
- Validation and maintenance of all thermal processes and related equipment.
- Assurance that all thermally treated processes provide safe food.
- Assurance that all thermal equipment is calibrated and operating effectively.
- Requirements of ISM/IPM are met.
- Ensure laboratories are performing to an agreed standard
- Review laboratory structure periodically and manage lab development projects
- All laboratory personnel appropriately qualified.
- All laboratory processes are at the right standard
- Manage change control via
- Organize change control review and track result
- Thorough investigation of complaints and tracking improvement
- Manage food safety risk assessment in NPD and operation
- Food safety risk evaluation in Technical Feasibility Study
- Determine micro risk mitigation plan in both internal factory and external factory
- Deployment and review of the thermal audit plansto ensure consistency and achievement of Global requirements
- Development and deployment of training within the BU for the above programs
- Concentrated support within the BU for preservation and microbial programs
- Assessor for Q-RMP and GR37 technical expert
- Evaluation of compliance to FSQ systems and programs and provision of course correction.