ERM is seeking a self-motivated Principal / Senior Climate Change Consultant to join ERM China. In this role, you will work closely with other consultants on climate change, ESG and sustainability related topics. This is an excellent career opportunity to work with an expert global consulting company on challenging environmental projects for large industrial and global clients. Access to ERM’s worldwide network of sustainability experts provides the knowledge sharing of best practices across the industry and ongoing learning opportunities for everyone.
Low Carbon Economy Transition (LCET)
Low Carbon Economy Transition Focus Areas For Asia Pacific Are
Climate change is dramatically shifting how business is done. Investors underscore the urgency, demanding that boardrooms address climate risk transparency and business resilience, at a minimum. As the transition to a low carbon economy accelerates, a breadth of stakeholders are pressing companies to raise their standards on how to reduce their impact, mitigate risks, and seize market opportunities.
- Climate Change Advisory – helping our clients with decarbonisation strategy, physical and transitional climate change, emissions measurement and reporting.
- New Energy – large scale renewable energy infrastructure, including on and off shore wind, hydrogen, solar, battery, W2E and T&D interconnectors.
- Gas Transition -finding, capture, production, distribution or storage of Natural Gas, LNG and/or LPG, as natural gas or LNG is a transition fuel, as economies wean themselves off more carbon intensive fuels.
- Carbon Intensive Asset Retirement – closure of industrial assets that are fuelled by fossil fuel or otherwise impacted by a transition to a low carbon economy.
- Supporting the Partners on the delivery of climate change and sustainability projects in Greater China and North Asia.
- Act as Project Manager and contribute to climate change and sustainability projects and proposals under direction from Partners.
- Provide subject matter expertise to a wide range of projects as part of multidisciplinary teams and to manage and deliver projects that are primarily in the Sustainable Finance sector.
- Involved in developing ERM’s business servicing our clients in the Climate Change and Sustainable Finance sector.
- Conduct F2F meetings with prospective clients and build up your network in Greater China.
- Assist the company in marketing events, potentially including speaking or content provision.
- Qualification in Environmental Science, Sustainability, Sustainable Finance, Environmental Management. PhD or Masters is preferable
- 15 years of experience in environmental consultancy, industry or environment focused non-governmental organisations is required
- Knowledge of Climate Change Science, Sustainable Finance, ESG reporting, IFC Performance Standards and TCFD is required
- Demonstrable project management experience will be an advantage
- Excellent report writing skills. Fluency in both written and spoken English and Chinese is essential
- Strong communication and presentation skills and ability to work in a team is essential
- Strong skills with MS Office applications.
- A good grasp of any of the following would be an advantage: renewable energy, ESG raters and rankers; GRI/SASB sustainability reporting, Low Carbon Economy Transition. In particular, understanding of the policy drivers for Sustainability and Climate Change services for Chinese corporates as they respond to emerging policies and regulations that underpin China’s commitments to the 2015 Paris Agreement, net zero 2060 target and relevant aspects elements of the 14th Five Year Plan is an advantage.
Who We Are
As the world’s leading sustainability consulting firm, ERM is uniquely positioned to contribute to the environment and society through the expertise and energy of our employees worldwide. Sustainability is what we do, and is at the heart of both our service offerings and how we operate our business. For our people, our vision means attracting, inspiring, developing and rewarding our people to work with the best clients and on the biggest challenges, thus creating valuable careers. We achieve our vision in a sustainable manner by maintaining and living our ERM values that include Accountability, Caring for our People, Client Focus, Collaboration, Empowerment, and Transparency.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status or disability status.
Thank you for your interest in ERM.