The Product Management team is responsible for determining Zebra’s product offerings and driving development, launch, and adoption of product to positively impact the customers’ experience and market share. The product manager works autonomously to own product lifecycle management for assigned product lines which includes product planning and product marketing
- Through comprehensive knowledge of market, competitive landscape, customer requirements, distribution channels and Zebra offerings, anticipates market and customer requirements for assigned product(s).
- Works collaboratively with other functional leaders to develop and align on business objectives. Owns development presentation of business case by completing supportive research, authoring slides, and delivering presentations to internal and external audiences, routinely including senior management.
- Monitors and reports business metrics against plan. Recommends metrics to assess business performance. Develops documentation of product and market requirements. Fully accountable for integrated business plan inputs.
- Owns product lifecycle management for assigned product lines of moderate to high complexity including tactical execution, managing custom requirements, developing and driving end of life plans and execution of inventory objectives.
- Demonstrates full knowledge of development process
- Responsible for complete product offer definitions, rallies teams to create the product offer following Zebra’s New Product Introduction (NPI), coordinates post launch activities such as sales support, bid and quote support, and customer presentations.
- Sets pricing strategy. Establishes product price to maximize sales and profitability.
- Recommends promotion strategy by working in collaboration with Product Marketing department.
- Provides recommendations to influence distribution strategy to meet market needs. Supports product launch by providing a comprehensive understanding of the value proposition. Deliver product training to sales, sales engineers, technical support and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Works closely with development teams and other key stakeholders to oversee new product development validating development is on spec. Identifies beta site targets, drafts, and implements plans.
- Monitors financial performance of product lines and makes recommendations for pricing action against revenue and margin objectives. Sets target product costs for new products. Evaluates cost reduction initiatives working in concert with sustaining engineering, finance, and other internal partners
Preferred Education: Master’s degree preferred
Preferred Work Experience (years): 8-12 years of experience
Key Skills And Competencies
- Strong attention to detail / quality
- Strong process adherence
- Advanced level skills in Microsoft business applications including: Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Advanced P&L knowledge
- Advanced market knowledge in assigned category
- Customer services values / orientation
- Strong professional work behaviors (attendance, teamwork, time management, follow through)
- Advanced analytical and organizational skills
- Demonstrates good judgement in decision making, applies knowledge and experience to guide decisions
- Strong business acumen
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong communication skills (listening, providing clear and concise information, using proper language and grammar)
- Advanced problem solving skills