Purpose of Position
- The Product Manager role is a strategic role within the Business Unit and provides individuals with ownership of Product Portfolio within the Business Unit. Individuals in this role are responsible for driving the organic growth and profitability of the Business Unit from marketing function and the new product development roadmap to deliver the growth goals of the Business Unit.
- Responsibility for assigned product portfolio, principally revenue growth and margin expansion targets.
- Exhibits Danaher values as a leader in championing the Business Unit to external customers/partners and internal customers, including the sales force, global BU team, marketing team; drives the realization of key opportunities in the NPD funnels for the product portfolio.
- Actively and effectively manages assigned product lines, including pricing, new product development and launches, product phase-out, enhancement and optimization, so as to increase sales and margins, improve quality and reduce inventory.
- Owns assigned product lines’ Action Plan, Key Performance Indicators, Problem Solving Process and Counter Measures, including, driving to root cause, assisting / challenging countermeasures and action plans, etc.;
- Develops clear and structured analysis based on understanding of market trends, customer insights, competitive dynamics and regulations, supporting longer-term strategic plans and product innovation roadmap; this analysis must also be translatable to impactful actions
- Leads creation, execution and analysis of Voice-Of-Customer plans; links prioritized customer needs in price/performance on product lines with focus on future product requirements including enhancements and break through, taking into account current and future competitive landscape.
- Use the Danaher Development System and plays an important role reviewing tollgate documents; proactively identifies any issues in keeping the project moving forward. Identify, prioritize, define, and commercialize possible new applications
- Owns the prioritization, understanding, and delivery of margin opportunities across the product line (including pricing, cost reduction, and quality improvement)
- Collaborates with global BUs in championing China market requirements and launching global products in China.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree from reputable university in a technical or business field, MBA preferred.
- Refinery or Chemical industry background
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in product development or business management (e.g. Marketing, Product Management, Business Development)
- Willing to work cross-functionally through Leadership by Influence
- Experience in driving commercial results in technical B2B industry, working with the sales force and channel partners
- Experience in product innovation and commercial initiatives
- High energy, proactive, people-oriented and results-oriented approach to work and learning
- Effective personal time management and ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Languages: Chinese (fluent), Written English (fluent), Spoken English (good)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Excel and PowerPoint
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 69,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
At Danaher, we value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
If you’ve ever wondered what’s within you, there’s no better time to find out.