Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza is establishing a strategic biomanufacturing base in China using GE Healthcare Solutions. With the new facility, Lonza is responding to growing demand for a high-quality CDMO in the Chinese market. As
The Project Manager/ CAPEX Lead is responsible for the design, execution and hand-over of CAPEX investment projects in APAC region within safety, cost, schedule, quality and functionality. This includes the capability to manage and to provide the leadership to a multinational project team as well the capability to interact with the senior management.
This role has operative leadership of CAPEX projects greater than 5MCHF or on a case-by-case basis as agreed with the manufacturing sites in APAC region.
• To develop the project execution strategy and to set-up the contractual framework with compliance to all pertinent safety policies, rules and regulations.
• To establish the project CAPEX charter including scope of work, goals and deliverables together with the relevant project champion to support business objectives in collaboration with site level senior management and stakeholders.
• To ensure that the adequate project control systems needed to manage the risk, cost and schedule are timely in place.
• To conduct regular engineering and project control reviews with the project team in order to ensure that the project execution is on track (safety, quality, cost & schedule) and to identify and implement remedial action(s) in case of any deviation from project objectives.
• To define and implement overall project resources (internal and external) and to provide daily leadership.
• To ensure the implementation of the state-of-the-art technical solutions and to ensure compliance with internal and external quality, safety and ecology standards.
• To ensure the sharing and leveraging of best practices and expertise within Lonza’s engineering community.
• To ensure the successful hand-over the project to the user-team including the right level of training and correct documentation
• Diploma/Degree in engineering or equivalent
• 15-20 years of engineering experience thereof 10 years in investment projects (CAPEX) in international environment.
• Successful project management and leadership experience on major investment projects in international environment
• Excellent project management skills including contract management
• Broad project controlling and project appraisal knowledge
• In-depth technical knowledge in chemical and / or pharmaceutical engineering
• Wide interdisciplinary knowledge
• Extended EHS and GxP/QA knowledge
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.