Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza is establishing a strategic bio manufacturing base in China using GE Healthcare Solutions. With the new facility, Lonza is responding to growing demand for a high-quality CDMO in the Chinese market. You are responsible for executing process development activities and to provide technical expertise to support troubleshooting activities at both laboratory and manufacturing scale.
- To perform hands-on laboratory work in the purification process development team contributing to the development of processes suitable for technology transfer to the cGMP manufacturing teams.
- Includes an understanding of cGMP manufacturing facility constraints and their impact on development activities.
- Contribute to customer projects by generating and interpreting scientific data from experimental work independently or leading a junior member.
- Interpret analytical data provided by the analytical team to define subsequent steps.
- Deliver high quality communication to ensure an outstanding customer experience (written reports, presentations, teleconferences, face to face meetings).
- Working as part of a site and global project team, co-ordinate multiple projects and ensure timely delivery of project workstages.
- Purification activities include Affinity chromatography (typically Protein A based), IEX/AEX/Size exclusion using the AKTA system, ultrafiltration/diafiltration and viral reduction strategies.
- General laboratory support including housekeeping, equipment calibration and maintenance, inventory of supplies, etc.
- Documentation of results in accordance with Lonza policies and current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) – as appropriate.
- Review of data generated by others highlighting any unusual or atypical results/procedures.
- Mentor junior members to assist in their development, providing a transfer of knowledge and hands-on technical training.
- Demonstrated increased understanding of the scientific and technical theory behind Lonza and customer processes.
- Troubleshooting technical challenges in customer projects
- Trainer in 1 or more areas.
- Ownership of laboratory areas and/or methods.
- Start to contribute to technical scoping of proposals.
- BS or equivalence level in biotechnology related disciplines preferred
- Good communication and presentation skills. Ability to present ideas in a clear and concise manner
- Exposure to purification processes executed in a cGMP facility would be considered advantageous.
- Knowledge and demonstrated application of the relevant ICH guidelines in the area of downstream process development.
- Well-organized – must be able to co-ordinate multiple tasks.
- Team Player.
- Exhibit strong command of English and Chinese both in writing and oral
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.