Site Name: China – Shanghai – HuangPu District – The Headquarters Building, Hong Kong – The Gateway, India – Mumbai Floral Deck Plaza, Malaysia – Kuala Lumpur, Taiwan – Taipei, Singapore – Rochester Park
Posted Date: Sep 20 2021
Role can be based anywhere in APAC. No relocation provided.
Support Region Finance Partner (Controller) for CH APAC in delivering the following:
- Monthly actuals by partnering BUs / C&Cs to understand and challenge performance drivers and participating / leading in calls with Sector to explain Region’s performance
- Various Planning exercises (CMFs, UP2, Strat Plan, 3:1 Plan) by partnering BUs / P&F to understand and challenge assumptions underpinning the forecast and supporting Region Finance Partner in crafting the narrative and various analyses to support the forecast
- Lead Flip exercise by building a comprehensive understanding of various stages of Flip and interconnectedness between actions required within Commercial and QSC teams
- Provide oversight of overall GSF cost for the Region and liaise with BUs and Sector for resolutions and clarifications
- Help monitor and where necessary, provide oversight on End-to-End cost base for the Region, specifically QSC costs
- Partner HQ teams (ComEx, Strategy and Portfolio Management, D-Commerce) in managing cost and supporting ad-hoc analyses
- Support BU Finance teams on ad-hoc basis when necessary (e.g. help a certain BU in dissecting their COGS and support their margin accretion programme or support a BD&L transaction etc)
- Support Region Finance Partner in executing various Region and Global projects across BUs
- Simplification and standardization across BUs to drive efficiency and help free up their time to focus on partnering
This job involves regular interaction with Sector, Market FDs, Area controllers, C&C and P&F. It requires judgement and excellent organization, communication and influencing skills. A knowledge of the planning process and GSK Finance systems will be an added benefit.
- Key accountabilities are to the Regional Controller APAC CH and the P&F Director APAC CH
- The role will also work directly with Sector, Market FDs, Area controllers, C&C and P&F and Commercial/Marketing teams at the Region
- Requires a good understanding of the ways of working for the Region and GSK Planning, Forecasting and reporting systems
- Region Turnover +£2.2Bn spanning ~ 5 BUs & 27 LOCs. Attention to detail is very important
- Broad range of stakeholders and understanding and responding to their queries in time and with clarity/alignment
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize effectively to tight deadlines
- Extensive matrix working (with Area/Market FDs/Controllers, QSC, Region teams, Sector)
- Work beyond immediate areas of responsibility.
- Daily interaction with senior Finance leaders and Markets/Areas (with the need to deal with sensitive issues and difficult / conflict situations)
- Requires confidence, strong influencing skills and excellent communication skills
- More generally, this position has a degree of complexity due to the need to work with and influence various senior managers and other related staff in various countries without the benefit of a direct line of supervision.
- Track record of proactivity and accountability to deliver superior performance and make a difference
- ACCA/CIMA or Equivalent with at least 10 years of related experience
- Broad financial experience to work across departments, markets and organizational boundaries. Business Partnering experience is a MUST.
- Good understanding of Internal control, compliance and governance frameworks
- Ability to analyse, interpret and challenge the business to be accountable for performance
- Proficient financial knowledge of modelling, analysis, evaluation, and forecasting
- Good power point skills and the ability to present financial information simply and clearly
- In-depth knowledge of GSK key financial processes and policies/procedures and strong knowledge of GSK financial systems (BISON, CERPS, ICT)
Our goal is to be one of the world’s most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK’s commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.