Pursue a Career with Impact
At Deloitte China, we are on a mission to nurture and empower our people to become deep subject matter experts. We offer the perfect platform to unleash your full potential and equip you to thrive on challenges, and partner with our clients to solve their most complex problems. A world of opportunities awaits. Start your adventure and journey with us.
About The Business
Deloitte Consulting Intelligence Center
Success demands strategies and technology capabilities that adapt as quickly as the shifting global landscape and support organizations to anticipate change and stay two steps ahead. This is what Deloitte’s professionals are uniquely able to deliver. Our Strategy, Analytics and M&A (SAM) team enjoys an unrivalled position in the market: combining the scale and strength of a global professional services firm with the cutting edge nature of a strategy consultancy. Our SAM team serve as Transformation Architects and play three key roles to design and lead strategy-led transformation:
- Trusted Advisors. We bring dynamitic strategy to organizations, helping our clients to win in their markets
- Result Orientated Problem Solvers. Our close integration with the larger Deloitte platform enable us to bring strategy through to implementation and as a result, maximize the impact of our work
- Technology Orchestrator. Our teams effectively integrate an ecosystem of technology partners, platforms, and analytics capabilities into business to accelerate and enable the transformation
As a newly established venture within Deloitte Consulting, the Consulting Intelligence Center will be the delivery center of excellence for the Strategy, Analytics and M&A (SAM) team, as well as the wider consulting practice. The Consulting Intelligence Center will provide a platform for executional support to our client facing consulting teams, focusing on services such as market research, knowledge management, market eminence, enabling a foundation for tangible, long-term value delivery for our clients.
Work you’ll do
Your Future with Us
As a Research Specialist and or Senior Research Specialist at the Intelligence Center, you will be challenged to support SAM’s consulting engagement teams with your exceptional analytical skills, research capabilities, and excellent communication skills, working with some of the world’s most recognized brands to help them make their most important decisions and keep ahead of their competitors.
We believe in the future of our people. We offer top-of-the-class training programs, such as the week-long China Consulting New Analyst Program (CCNAP), gearing up new analysts with tools and skill required to be a consultant at Deloitte and setting a foundation to work effectively in teams. Top performers from the Intelligence Center will have the potential to join client serving roles with strategy consultant remuneration.
- Support the project team on strategizing and delivering solutions to clients to promote growth and address the evolving needs of their businesses
- Conduct analysis in your vertical knowledge domain, serve as a point of contact for the project team to support clients making decisions and implementing enhancements to their organizations’ strategy, productivity, performance, and long-term profitability
- Analyze, and synthesize the market data into targeted end deliverables, such as single exhibits, written summaries, financial models, basic fact packs, spread sheets, to help fulfill client’s needs
- Support the project team with your vertical expertise to help them tackle some of the ad-hoc client requests, which includes but not limited to project follow-up, proposal preparation, etc.
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date knowledge base on your responsible knowledge domain; manage the data quality of the database, if there’s any accumulated from the project
- Recommend improvements in work processes of the Intelligence Center within area of responsibility
- In some cases, you’re expected to create and maintain some tools to bring vertical knowledge and capabilities to our project teams, including benchmarking databases, simulations, and skill-building training sessions, etc.
- Along the way, you’ll participate in a comprehensive training programs that will help you continuously grow and develop.
A fit for the role? Let’s talk about you.
- Bachelor’s degree and above, preferably from majors such as science, finance, management, engineering, automotive, healthcare, chemistry, etc.
- Prior experience (2-4 years for Research Specialist, 3-5 years for Sr. Specialist) in consulting, research, or related professional services firms, preferably with experience focus on the consumer goods and/or life science sectors
- Strong analytical, problem solving and request handling skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment with people at all levels in an organization
- Passion for research and analytics works
- Persuasive communication skills in written and verbal Mandarin; proficient communication capability in English
- Travel might be required depending on business needs
Why Deloitte China?
Deloitte China delivers a comprehensive range of audit & assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory and tax services to local, multinational and growth enterprise clients in China.