Huntsman’s PU Elastomers Division is now searching for a Sales Account Manager at Guangzhou. The ideal candidate will be responsible for driving business on the aggressive growth path, penetrate and expand market share of footwear in PU and TPU, Strengthen stakeholder connection in casual and safety shoes field. This role is an individual contributor.
As The Sales Account Manager, You Will
The jobholder is responsible for delivering the budgeted volume and contribution margin for his/her accounts, located in China. He/She would also be responsible for basic technical service to customers.
- Lead and drive account plans, budgets and forecasts which deliver the agreed strategic objectives of value and profit generation from the region, with a strong focus on volume growth in the footwear segment.
- Timely and effectively report activities using the tools used by the business (e.g. C4C and visit reports)
- Maintain and review the view on the opportunities by using the tools provided by the business (e.g. C4C and opportunity funnel)
- Proactively strengthen relationships with molders, shoe makers and brand offices in order to identify new opportunities and projects in a timely fashion. Emphasis on new customers in China
- Work closely with colleagues in other regions (GA) for transfer customers/projects from China to GA or vice versa.
- Gather relevant market information for the Footwear team which provides the basis to recommend strategies for action / growth in the strategic markets consistent with delivering the agreed strategic positioning.
- Establish a high standard of Market Intelligence for Footwear in his region, in market shares, penetration of all Huntsman Footwear products in target markets and relative competitive positions with alternative competition.
- Support Marketing and Communication in the development of a plan aiming at increasing brand awareness and value proposition of relevant Footwear brands in the region.
- Take an active interest in the EHS standards at all customers. Act personally all times in a safe manner including adherence to the Safe Drive policy.
Skills And Experiences Required
- The jobholder is required to act and communicate effectively across functional, cultural and international boundaries and therefore needs to demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and well-developed thinking and influencing competencies. He/she will need to act and take decisions independently whereby keeping alignment to the overall business strategies. The jobholder also must possess excellent tact and diplomacy to effectively interact with senior personnel internally and externally and must demonstrate self-managing and initiative competencies to maintain effectiveness under pressure.
- The job holder needs to be a professional combining a university degree in chemistry (or similar through experience) with a minimum of 5 to 7 years of sound professional experience in sales functions and possess a good understanding of the Specialty Polymer Market and a deep and broad value chain understanding, particularly in the Footwear industry. Detailed knowledge of PU/TPU application technology, the Footwear industry and Footwear value chain customer needs is essential. Basic technical service to customers is also expected.
- A sound social and psychological approach and the ability to work in different cultures is a key requirement. Fluency in English and/or Chinese, both written and spoken, is essential. Willingness to travel frequently within China and occasionally to Greater Asia is essential.
Huntsman offers unsurpassed opportunities to build a successful future. Our diverse portfolio creates a range of career fields including manufacturing, research and development, technical services, sales and marketing, customer service – and the list goes on.
Here, you can make an impact and make a difference. Come join us.
Huntsman is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all qualified applicants for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identification, sexual orientation and/or expression or any other characteristic protected by law in every location in which we have facilities national or local.
Please refer to https : // www . huntsman . com / privacy / online-privacy-notice for Company’s Data Privacy and Protection information.
All unsolicited resumes presented by recruitment agencies are treated as pro bono information or service.
Huntsman is aware of a scam involving fraudulent job offers. Huntsman does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview. Please be advised that emails from Huntsman always end in “@huntsman.com” and that any job offer that requires payment or requires you to deposit a check is likely a scam. If you have questions about any open positions at Huntsman, please visit our Careers website at
http : / /www . huntsman . com / corporate / a / Careers.