We’re here for the makers! Come be a part of the team where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
We are looking for a Scrum Lead 2 who is passionate about building products that customers love and will differentiate Michaels in the digital space. In this role, you will guide small projects from conception to launch. This person will coordinate a cross-functional Agile development team utilizing the principles and tools of the Scrum Framework. The Scrum provides effective collaboration, facilitation, leadership, and coaching skills supporting the agile development process and delivery of our applications. The Scrum role is taken by a team member whose primary responsibility is assisting the self-organizing, self-managing team to achieve its goals.
- Protect the development team from outside influences and remove impediments
- Facilitates Sprint planning meetings, daily stand-ups, sprint reviews, demos and retrospectives
- Identifies and manages the backlog
- Tracks daily sprint progress and maintain schedules.
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, communication
- Facilitating various Scrum events such as: Daily Scrum, Sprint Planning, Sprint Reviews, and Sprint Retrospectives
- Empowering the team to be self-organized
- Good understanding of product and sprint backlog tracking, burn down metrics, and velocity
Leadership & General Responsibilities
- Influence others without direct reporting relationship/responsibility.
- Good knowledge, skills, and ability working in a collaborative team environment
- Good negotiation, leadership, and written and verbal communication skill
- Excellent people skills, with an ability to understand and diverse viewpoints
- Ability to listen and communicate effectively with others both verbally and in writing
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Scrum (SCM) Certification
- Experience with the SAFe Agile framework
- Have acted as a traditional project and/or program manager in the past
- DevOps experience: Continuous integration, continuous build, continuous delivery tools and techniques
- Thorough understanding of Agile values and principles
- Prior experience using Jira
- 2+ years of experience in a software development environment preferably involving cross-team dependencies
- 2+ years of experience owning and managing customer expectations, project schedules, status and reporting, and change management
- Requires 2-4 years of experience as a Scrum
- Have led teams in a small to medium, enterprise environment
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Check out our EEO policy https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf [eeoc.gov