NI Enterprise Software team is looking for an applications engineer focused on delivering value through big data analytics to automotive and electronics manufacturers. You will be responsible for working closely with customers, sales and internal teams to execute pilot and applications projects that demonstrate the capabilities of the different software platforms offered by NI, including Optimal+, SystemLink and others.
The ideal candidate will be familiar with manufacturing processes, have experience with using analytics to solve problems at the product or process level and is comfortable interacting with engineers through senior management to make complex concepts relatable.
As a Field Application Engineer, you will be the one bringing your customers to the next breakthrough in operational efficiency and product quality using your gifts of talent, intellect, experience and enthusiasm, as well as having fun!
- You will become an expert user of NI’s Enterprise software applications including Optimal+ and SystemLink
- You’ll provide product demonstrations via WebEx or face-to-face to potential customers
- You will leverage your expertise in electronics operations, test, manufacturing, yield, quality and statistical analysis to:
- Assess the customer’s met and unmet needs
- Scope a technical solution that will help customers realize significant business value in their engineering and high-volume manufacturing using Optimal+ solutions
- You are a project manager who will collaborate with onshore and offshore customer and internal resources
- You will enable customer specific customizations requiring advanced scripting and programming techniques
- You will be responsible to proactively assist the customer as they troubleshoot incorrect product or process behavior using data analysis, system log files, application engineers’ knowledge and internal R&D support
- You will clearly document troubleshooting processes, technical findings, and customized solutions to capture and re-use knowledge
- You enjoy high complexity tasks which requires knowledge of technical and business trade-offs, mastering new skills and prioritizing multiple competing projects
- BS/MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Related Field
- 5 + years technical experience in electronics manufacturing or test related areas
- Knowledge of electronics manufacturing and test operations, and use of data analytics and/or business intelligence applications in test operations, yield and quality
- Experience in a customer facing role in either applications or customer technical support
- Working knowledge using online tools to troubleshoot software and hardware interoperability problems
- Familiarity with multiple data file formats but not limited to XML, XSD, and CSV
- Excellent communication skills in Chinese and English
- Able to travel as much as 50%